1655 brakes

super99

New to me 1655 brakes were hanging up when stopping so I took them apart. All of the linkage was super stiff so I completely disassembled them. Cleaned up the balls, springs were good, brakes discs had a lot of life left in them. Took the actuators apart and shined up the pins and linkages up on the wire wheel. Put a thin coat of Never Sieze on the pins and where the linkage rubs together and a little bit of powdered graphite on the balls when assembling. Nice to have good brakes again! Now I just need to do it to both 1550's.

On my 1655 I have to take the covers off and blow out the dust at every oil change. Stay away from the dust when you blow it out.
I took it apart and put a dab of weld on it and squared up the notches and put it back together. Now it works like it should, on to the 1550 tomorrow.
IMG_2354.jpeg
IMG_2355.jpeg
IMG_2358.jpeg
IMG_2356.jpeg
IMG_2359.jpeg
IMG_2360.jpeg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back