Thread question

super99

I see some posts that show what someone else posted with no replys and at the bottom it says Report. I don't understand what's going on.

I see some posts that show what someone else posted with no replys and at the bottom it says Report. I don't understand what's going on.
I'm not sure what you mean as all threads start out that way until someone replies. Do these thread remain that way or eventually get replies? Do you have an example?

The "Report" link is normal, that is used to report the post to moderator.

If that's what he is seeing, that happens when someone hits the reply twice, then either presses the reply button without putting in any information in or starts typing into the reply. If the latter, you can expand the reply and see what they put in there. It's an accident in other words.

I see quite a few posts like that. The quoted post is visible but no reply is visible.

I have no idea how or why that happens.
If you press a reply link, the Post Reply, it does that. I think it comes from the fact that on the old classic view, you had to press a button before you started to type your post. Some may still be pressing the Post Reply button as if to start their post and then it's too late, it will have already posted the message.

If you press a reply link, the Post Reply, it does that. I think it comes from the fact that on the old classic view, you had to press a button before you started to type your post. Some may still be pressing the Post Reply button as if to start their post and then it's too late, it will have already posted the message.
I am curious about how Leroy posted one post with the same quote in it three times!

But do not waste your time to explain it. !

I am curious about how Leroy posted one post with the same quote in it three times!

But do not waste your time to explain it. !
He pressed the reply link three times and he pressed Post Reply. Since he has done something similar to that on several posts, there may be something we can't understand there so I can't say why or what he is experiencing. My guesses (and I have some) are worthless without seeing what he does to cause that.

I'll just say that an unusually slow net connection (like I have) or running an outdated browser, OS, spyware, virus checking suite of software can make using the net a confusing nightmare. Also an infected PC can simulate all those problems too. It's all about lag in the PC or network that causes sync of what you click to not catch up instantly. The results are confusion or failures. With old browsers and OS, some things just don't work also creating confusion.

He pressed the reply link three times and he pressed Post Reply. Since he has done something similar to that on several posts, there may be something we can't understand there so I can't say why or what he is experiencing. My guesses (and I have some) are worthless without seeing what he does to cause that.
I'm guessing he just hasn't figured out the system.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back