Question on replys

super99

I see many posts where what someone posted is reposted and then no comments are added. I don't understand why it's there with no comments.

I've noticed that too. Sometimes there will be two or three such posts in a row.
Didn't know if there was a malfunction someplace, or if someone just hasn't figured out how the system works. Still seems to be a fair amount of that going on also.

I see many posts where what someone posted is reposted and then no comments are added. I don't understand why it's there with no comments.
I wonder if that happens if a oerson clicks on "reply"... then decided NOT to reply.
Goning to test it out, as I have noticwd them too.

Yup, just like what 544hydro posted above. Is this someone's way of giving the quote a "like"? Because there's a button for that. steve

There might be a forum software feature somewhere that can be turned on so that quotes alone cannot be posted.

If you tried, you would gets the "Oops" message instead telling you the need to add your text to your reply.

Just like it does now if you try to post a blank reply via the bottom of the thread.

Its usually where someone is trying to quote someone else, but accidently clicks inside the quote with their reply. So their reply is there, but its inside the quote and it's tough to see it there. Other times I can't explain it, I assume it's not on purpose. It happens on every forum.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back