Tornado Damage

gmccool

FYI
So everyone knows where I have been. Friday at 5:46 PM the town of Minden Iowa got hit with a Tornado with Est. wind speeds of 262 mph. The majority of main street is ruined. 75% of the eastern 1/3 of the town is gone and I truly mean gone as in it isn't there. I have two homes in the other 25% of the east 1/3 with MAJOR damage to both. One storage rental is GONE with two more beyond repair. One vehicle is totaled. One Pick Up is beat up. My 2024 Polaris Ranger is beat so bad I'm guessing it will be Totaled. I bought a new Ferris lawn mower 5 days before and it is rolled into a ball. I live in a brick home and there was about 12' of a utility pole stuck through the brick and sticking through the doors on my pantry. Glass in the carpets and furniture. My wife and myself and our dog are all fine. I'm not in anyway wanting anyone to feel sorry for us. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS. But if you pray we sure could use one. Thanks Gerald
`

FYI
So everyone knows where I have been. Friday at 5:46 PM the town of Minden Iowa got hit with a Tornado with Est. wind speeds of 262 mph. The majority of main street is ruined. 75% of the eastern 1/3 of the town is gone and I truly mean gone as in it isn't there. I have two homes in the other 25% of the east 1/3 with MAJOR damage to both. One storage rental is GONE with two more beyond repair. One vehicle is totaled. One Pick Up is beat up. My 2024 Polaris Ranger is beat so bad I'm guessing it will be Totaled. I bought a new Ferris lawn mower 5 days before and it is rolled into a ball. I live in a brick home and there was about 12' of a utility pole stuck through the brick and sticking through the doors on my pantry. Glass in the carpets and furniture. My wife and myself and our dog are all fine. I'm not in anyway wanting anyone to feel sorry for us. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS. But if you pray we sure could use one. Thanks Gerald
`
Great to hear the 3 of you are ok. That's wonderful news. Mother nature sure can be tuff at times. RB

FYI
`
Gerald,

It is good to hear you and your wife and dog are OK. I've seen pictures of Minden and it is a small miracle that you escaped unharmed. I'll be more than happy to include you all in my prayers. Don

FYI
`
Sorry to hear about all the damage but glad you, your wife, and the dog are OK. All the other stuff can be replaced. How did other families near you fair?

@gmccool praying for you and glad you and your family are safe, I was also glad to hear that my friends over there, Tom an Teryl Greiner were safe as well, it did however sound like her shop sustained some damage, good luck on the recovery and I will continue to pray for you and all the residents! Jason

FYI
`
Praying that you and the rest of your community gets the assistance needed and that you are all able to rebuild. Glad to read you're doing fine Gerald, that no one in your family was hurt.

Gene

Sorry to hear about that, glad to hear your immediate family is okay. I will definitely send some prayers. I pass by there often on I80 when I go back to my home town in Kansas. I used to come that way every quarter to do work in Fort Dodge, IA and continue on coming down 59 or 71 and getting on 80 to do a similar job south of Lincoln, NE. On one of those trips on the way home it started snowing heavily. I came up on stopped traffic due to an accident and went off the road. They closed the interstate and I ended up staying overnight in a community center in Shelby, real nice people. I think I heard they had tornado damage as well.

Very sorry to hear of your situation. The cleanup alone looks like an immense task,let alone the rebuild. Your attitude will go a long way in getting through this disaster. Thankful that you, your wife and pet survived unharmed.

Gerald ,
And I thought I had problems We will be thinking of you and the family , glad to hear you are ok ...
Will be praying for you ..
mark

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back