VAI Case - Only 2-3 PSI Oil Pressure

I’ve referenced my manual but not finding anything that seems to pertain to my problem. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks

The gauge on this tractor is 0-80 psi. Maybe I should try a gauge with a lower range. Thanks for the suggestion.
Yep, put a lower pressure gauge on it.
My VAC had a high pressure gauge on it and read very low.
I found a new gauge that read 0 to 20 and it runs at 20 all the time now.
The manuals say pressure should be 12 to 15 depending which manual you read.
NAPA had the Oliver gauges that went from 0 to 20.

Yep, put a lower pressure gauge on it.
My VAC had a high pressure gauge on it and read very low.
I found a new gauge that read 0 to 20 and it runs at 20 all the time now.
The manuals say pressure should be 12 to 15 depending which manual you read.
NAPA had the Oliver gauges that went from 0 to 20.

I’ve referenced my manual but not finding anything that seems to pertain to my problem. Let me know if you find anything. Thanks
Hello. From what ive found is that all there is is that there could be a block anywhere in the oil system, oil pump is bad, main crank bearing is bad, or some item like that.

Hello. From what ive found is that all there is is that there could be a block anywhere in the oil system, oil pump is bad, main crank bearing is bad, or some item like that.
Thanks for your research. My current thinking is maybe I don't really have a problem with the actual oil "pressure" but more likely the "range" of my current oil pressure gauge (0-80 psi).
Others have suggested acceptable oil pressure as low as 10 psi which on my current 0-80 psi gauge would barely raise the needle off the pin. l have a 0-30 psi gauge on order and will see if it shows a more accurate (and better) oil pressure.
I will post my findings to this post after giving the new gauge a try. So stay tuned if interested. In the meantime, thanks to all for your help.

My '43 would hold just under 10 PSI at hot idle:

Attachments

• 1943CaseVAIHotIdle.jpg
    1943CaseVAIHotIdle.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 20
Well I guess 10 psi must be enough pressure then. Mine might actually be hitting 10 psi but on a 0-80 psi gauge the needle is barely off the pin so hard to tell.
On your 0-30 psi guage, 10psi is a good showing. I have a 0-30 psi gauge on order and it should be here next week.
Thanks for your input. (Nice looking tractor you got there!)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back