WESTINGHOUSE GENERATOR

LEON(MI)

looking at a Westinghouse 10,000 watt generator with ELECTRIC START for $699.00.includes battery and wheels.GOOD-BAD? is it better than HF? old one is getting to hard to pull start.thanks for all responces!

I don't think there's any American company named Westinghouse that's making and selling home generators, likely someone has licensed the "Westinghouse" name and sticking "westinghouse" decals on chinese generators.

H.F. generators seem to get pretty good reviews.

I have a couple of their "Predator" engines and have been well satisfied with them.

Think Bob is correct. Does it look like one of these? I wonder how many factories in chine make generators? Whatever you buy just take good care of it. Run it on hi-test gas and ethanol free gas if you can get it. Also shut off the fuel valve and let the carb run dry. These generators run so much better on hi-test.
cvphoto40014.jpg

cvphoto40015.jpg

Do you get a free eggroll with your purchase? I would be suspicious of these dirt cheap generators. Could be a Generac underneath the blue paint. And I don't see any info about clean power output (+/- 5% Total Harmonic Distortion). I would NOT buy anything for home backup without it. You can damage induction motors like pumps and refrigerator compressors, etc.

Can't speak for quality and performance but that price is pretty attractive for a 10K unit. I did a LOT of research on generators in that size range and I found that many of these are Chinese made, including some of the bigger US brands. Lots of reviews out there and there are those who love what they bought and others that are pretty upset with the selection.

Generac dominates the marketplace and they have some of the worst reviews. The dealers will tell you that's because they sell so many that they are bound to have more negative folks. Not sure I agree with that but I had zeroed in on either a Honda or a Briggs and Stratton. While these may have some Chinese content they have a nation wide parts and service organization and to me that's peace of mind. Honda is super expensive and the Briggs is in your price range when on sale (Menard's).

I realized that I was considering spending a big chunk and did the math to show that if we spent a bit more we could get a whole house generator. Natural gas is always available and most importantly I never have to worry about my wife if the power goes out. Transfer switch has power on in 10 seconds if there's a failure.

In the end this is like asking which chain saw brand is best. There's no single answer to that one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back