What is a Robot?

stevieb49829

Can someone explain what a Robot visitor is to this site? There seems to be a lot of that type of traffic, and I'm curious about how that differs from a legitimate guest or signed-up user. steve

Can someone explain what a Robot visitor is to this site? There seems to be a lot of that type of traffic, and I'm curious about how that differs from a legitimate guest or signed-up user. steve
I believe it is a computer operated program that searches the internet (websites) for any info it has been built to look for.

That is why it is un-wise to post your phone number or address or real name, etc. on any forum or webpage for that matter.

Especially one that is not deemed "secure" which will be a website that starts with https//

Adding, this subject was expanded on in a conversation I had with a with a YT moderator some time ago. They cannot simply turn off or block the ability of these “robots” to access the forum because they are both good and bad. For instance Google has robots constantly searching the web, this is in part how Google gets you to information you are looking for. They explained that something happened once; that me not remembering exactly what they said I am going to say “it upset Googles robot” After that YT’s search hits dropped way down. Luckily as with most computer things there is a way to figure out the problem which they did and fixed it. Search hits then returned to normal.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back