Whats this used for exactly

chube11

New User
So i have 2 random metal peices they just flop around i use as a pin holder but id like to know eaxctly what they are used for
1000001243.jpg

So i have 2 random metal peices they just flop around i use as a pin holder but id like to know eaxctly what they are used forView attachment 69343
They are where the top-link for your 3 point hitch implements is connected. The different holes are to adjust leverage on the big coil spring that controls
So i have 2 random metal peices they just flop around i use as a pin holder but id like to know eaxctly what they are used forView attachment 69343

how the automatic lift function of the hyd system adds or subtracts lift of the implement to maintain traction & depth.

Well, I grew up with an 8n and ours did not have the 2 flat metal pieces hanging off the red pin-which looks sort of factory made. I am going to guess maybe for attachment to some implement/or accessory, that was not connected to the normal 3pt hitch, but was used for maybe a side mower. Mark.

From the photo. The pins appear to be different sizes. If so. Could be used to connect to different implements with different class category hitches.

The two links he has circled are NOT connected to the draft control mechanism. They would be for, in my opinion, chain attachment points for a rotary mower, or some other implement that does not need to be adjusted for use. zuhnc

A few uses for it.

I was told that was the place to hook the top link to when using a 3 PTH harrow,York rake,rotory mower,etc.Anything that just needed to be just hung,not pressured downward.If you went into a dip and the harrow hung up on the little bank you just went over it had a little give instead of trying to pick the rear tires of the tractor off the ground.When I used to do a lot of mowing I ran a piece of chain for a top link with a Ford 7 foot rotory mower.The guys that told me this were all local farmers,so it could just be an old wives tale that just took root over the years.

There were hundreds of implements made for the Ford tractors. Many had special mounting brackets. Those are two such brackets. For what specificly,I dont know.Dont worry,leave em on,they dont hurt a thing. Plus,they make a great conversation piece. Someday,someone will identify them.

I think it could be a "farmerization of this bracket used on Dearborn14-59 and 14-67 sickle bar mowers.
Dearborn 14-59 mower_2.jpg
Dearborn 14-59 mower_1.jpg
14-59 and

Thanks funny im lookin at a sickle bar mower to do hay and a small rack tho ima do a wagon and pitch fork cause 8ns and balers not good freinds i was told

The long pin was used to install the two lower links locking rods, so the tractor could pull pull type implements.

Thanks funny im lookin at a sickle bar mower to do hay and a small rack tho ima do a wagon and pitch fork cause 8ns and balers not good freinds i was told
You was told wrong. Balers don't take much power unless you try to run them way too slow. If you are on hills a baler does need some weight in front of it.

You was told wrong. Balers don't take much power unless you try to run them way too slow. If you are on hills a baler does need some weight in front of it.
Makes sense but i also dont want to get my back or.neck thrown out with rocking chair effect to

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back