Woods Brush Bull

Jim in rush co

Do any other rotary cutters use similar blade attachment like Woods does? Sharpened the blades today every time I do sure appreciate what they came up with! I do need to get some thinner shims, I had some new ones but too thick to add one. The blades are 1/2 thick by 4 wide the pin is 1-1/2 in diameter.
cvphoto122024.jpg

The Woods HS-105 side boy we had used the same system. It worked good but needed to keep a check on the bolt to ensure it stayed tight after any lengthy mowing of woody material. We had 1 blade to come loose and fly across the field 1 time.

I got the book on it out today to get parts numbers of the 20ga shims and I had written down date of purchase, April 2012, did have to replace the plastic slip-clutch cover, had cracked in several places where it bolts to gear box. I made a plate out of metal to reinforce the new one.

Woods had a good idea, it's easy to change blades. about the only thing the shims do is keeping the blades from hanging down when not in use. When the blades are spinning they stay straight out. I haven't used shims for years on my Woods. Stan

I have a 1964 Woods Cadet72 that uses that set up also. I replaced them when I replaced the blades a few years ago. Both my 'slip lock' pieces had broke.
I have worked on Bush Hog mowers and their blade attachment sucks in comparison: you have to pound the blade bolts out because they're taper fit. I also did one John Deere and their bolt just comes out easily. Mark.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back