Recent content by 1 Acre Warrior

  1. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    I might give that a try. But I have seen no indication that the hydraulic system has ever been given any attention other than filling.
  2. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    Yep. The only way I have to raise the arms is to run the engine, either to use the hydraulics or to get it under the A-frame. "There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza . . !"
  3. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    Feel free to come by and do this for me. ;)
  4. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    Access issue -- the loader frame makes it hard to get in there. Fortunately, it's the side distributor, so it just means evicting the black widow and worming around in there with the smallest tools I have.
  5. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    PROBLEM SOLVED!!! I reversed the leads on the coil, and the engine is now trying to fire (on old gas). That means everything is working as it should. Thanks for all of the help, guys!
  6. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    The standard batteries were all in the $150+ price range. I went to Wally World and picked up a U1 (garden tractor) battery for $35, figuring it will work or it won't. Works GREAT -- but the tractor doesn't start (even on ether). I checked the wiring, it's all as should be, and I'm getting...
  7. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    Okay, got it all wired, ready to buy a battery. Which battery should I get?
  8. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    Got it partway done -- the old generator, harness and regulator are out, most of the new mount is in, the new harness is routed but so far only connected to the coil. This job has been more fun because I can't take off the engine cover (blocked by the frame for the loader), so I'm having to...
  9. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    No new coil, but got a 3.3 Ohm resistor. I'm not going to be using this in cold weather (I'm in northern Nevada, and don't do yard work in freezing weather).
  10. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    Yep, thanks. BTW, Reagan was wrong -- the four most terrifying words in the English language are "THAT'S the man, Officer!"
  11. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    I thought this might be how to do the wiring, thanks! Also, I've had cars which had a straight lead to the coil from the starter switch, bypassing the resistor while getting it going -- releasing the switch brought the resistor into line to keep the coil cool while driving.
  12. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    Hmmm. I think I have the harness psyched out, it has: Red1 (Alt to Ammeter) White (coil to Term1) Red2 (solenoid to Term2) Yellow (solenoid pull-in to start switch) Blue (ammeter to Term2 providing 12V to Term2) The ignition switch connects Term1 and Term2 The resistor is 3.3...
  13. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    1951 8N, side distributor. Yes, I saw that diagram, but it doesn't match the wiring harness that I have. If the starter turns the same way, I can actually use a 12V battery right away, use a charger, then do the conversion later after psyching out this wiring. Might do that, just to get...
  14. 1

    Got 12V kit, lost docs, anyone recognize this?

    Years ago, I bought a 12V conversion kit. Somewhere along the way, the docs went elsewhere. Does anyone recognize this kit, and maybe have the instruction sheet? It came with alternator, resistor, brackets, hardware and this wiring harness. Also, it looks like this converts to NEG ground...
  15. 1

    Newbie Ford 8N Help..

    "Brakes" . . .yeah, right . . . Seriously, the best brake is to keep something on the 3-point, and drop it when you need an anchor. If you pull the wheels and brake drums, you can roughen the shoes a little with a file, maybe take off scaling, but itty-bitty drums and shoes really aren't a lot...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top