Recent content by 1950drew

  1. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    Checked with unbolted pp and adjusted with correct tools and new disc.
  2. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    Old pressure plate is 5.98" from top of straight edge to table top and new one is 5.92". could that small difference be the cause?That's less than a 1/16".
  3. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    But thanks for the idea.
  4. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    Starter bolts are not a problem.
  5. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    Pilot bearing is seated as far as it will go. But I am going to pull it and make sure it is the coreect one. it may be to thick.
  6. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    I'm gonna take it completely apart and start over. Discs aren't bent, relase bearing is new, we'll see.
  7. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    Had it apart a 2nd time. I can't see anything wrong. I have put over 50 clutches in over the years. Never had this problem.
  8. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    Everything is installed correctly. dual clutch is the correct one with 25 spline pto disc. ii have pushed it all the way together with everything lined up right.
  9. 1

    MF 135 clutch trouble

    I put a clutch in a 1974 MF135. When I bolt the tractor together it locks up the engine and transmission. I can separate the tractor by less than 1/8" and engine and transmission both turn freely. What is wrong?
  10. 1

    Ford 640 will not start

    They had converted to 12 volt. The owner had worked on it. Had mutiple shorts in the wiring that I fixed. They were disconnecting the NEW battery to keep it from discharging. Still had the 6 volt resister in line with a 12 volt coil that had an internal resister. Removed the original. Dead...
  11. 1

    Ford 640 will not start

    I have a Ford 640 that will not start. Had low compression so I had the head reworked and new gaskets. Several shorts fixed. Starter turns great, new battery,new distributor, new coil, timing correct, plenty of fuel, carburetor set correctly (new carb). Anybody got any ideas?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top