Recent content by 82Maple

  1. 8

    Gearmatic 8A Winch

    And, huge thanks for the link to the manual.
  2. 8

    Gearmatic 8A Winch

    Re: 8A Gearmatic winch: I'm also looking for some of those hard-to-find parts. Namely, the entire brake actuator assembly. I've got what appears to be an 8A that is in reasonably good shape, but the entire brake actuator assembly is missing. Prior owner had just run a rod down and bolted it...
  3. 8

    1959 John Deere 440 - kicking out of 2nd gear

    Update. So, clearly I should have pulled the transmission cover before asking questions. (A novice with "learnings-in-progress" at this end it would seem.) It would also seem, based on the attached photos, that this situation has just moved from "fun" to "too-much-fun"!
  4. 8

    1959 John Deere 440 - kicking out of 2nd gear

    Great question - yes it does . . .
  5. 8

    1959 John Deere 440 - kicking out of 2nd gear

    Ahhhh - huge thanks for your most helpful response. I've now gotten identical advice from you and my friend Ted Dier of RS Dier & Sons in Ontario. Headed out to the shop now and will pull the 'tower' and cover and will report back this evening. Thank you again for taking the time to help out...
  6. 8

    1959 John Deere 440 - kicking out of 2nd gear

    Yes - I do have that holder. And it is in great shape - very little wear in the 'gates'. Somewhere along the way I suspect that has been replaced - it is in that good of shape. Many thanks for your interest in helping me solve this . . .
  7. 8

    1959 John Deere 440 - kicking out of 2nd gear

    I’ve had this wonderful unit for 18 months now. Been running farm and logging equipment and doing my own modest repairs off and on for 50 years but first time crawler owner. Over the past 18 months I’ve routinely used 2nd gear for easy pushes (ie topsoil on level ground) right up until I...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top