Recent content by 8NChris

  1. 8

    Help Identifying A 1948-1952 Starter Drive

    This spring offers light resistance also. I'll ask the starter builder to look at a G and go from there. Thanks EDIT: It seems this is a popular question for Funk owners. Over 1 million views.
  2. 8

    Help Identifying A 1948-1952 Starter Drive

    I run FE and MEL in 65-66 F Series pickup's in case you have questions or need measurements of anything. Been helping if and where I could for years.
  3. 8

    Help Identifying A 1948-1952 Starter Drive

    Still looking for help. See measurements above. Thanks
  4. 8

    1950, 51 or 52 8N Sheet Metal To 1976 Long 350

    Bought it for the loader. Realistically I am likely to get it running and sell it. Too many other "good ideas" taking up space in the shop. I got a pretty good idea with a tape measure and the 48 8N. The 8N grille would need to come off or be made to swing open for battery access. EDIT: If...
  5. 8

    1950, 51 or 52 8N Sheet Metal To 1976 Long 350

    Seeing it in person right off I noticed how small this tractor is. Only thing I didn't measure was the radiator, all else seems to fit under the hood of an N Series. A late 8N Proof Meter dash would house the 350 gauges, lights and tach. A large tank could be found off of something else to tuck...
  6. 8

    Jungle Gym Loader On An 8N 6 Cylinder Funk

    I coped out and picked up a Long step through with a 350 inside. All the repairs were done by the same welder. Roger was a little faster than my photo edits.
  7. 8

    Anyone use their 8n to pull logs?

    When I was young two 80 year old oaks died. The 9N alone couldn't pull them and the 78 Chevrolet 4 door service bed truck didn't have the traction. As a team with the 39 in the lead both the trees were drug to the burn pile.
  8. 8

    Anyone use their 8n to pull logs?

    Your 8N or any axle is 2 wheels drive. With an open diff only the spider gear moving both wheels the wheel with the least resistance will spin. When that happens power is taken away from wheel with the better traction.
  9. 8

    Sherman Cylinder Head?

    From the photos it looks aluminum to me. https://www.facebook.com/share/1FVeQgBoh3/
  10. 8

    '45 2N Funk question???

    If you have the original distributor and Holley carburetor make sure your Load-O-Matic's advance is working right. Burning a piston is a possibility. Never tuned one but I read up on it. Mine started off with a newer carburetor so I went ahead and had a late model distributor made up for it.
  11. 8

    Help Identifying A 1948-1952 Starter Drive

    I'd appreciate it if someone has some time to measure their 4" starter drive against the measurements I supplied. You would be a hero in the Funk community and surpass any modern archeologist. The drive I have appears to be a mirror image of the 337 starter for the Ford 8EL-11002-B starter. Of...
  12. 8

    Flathead 6 Cast Iron Oil Pan Funk Starter Drive Unleashed

    I just remembered the man that mentioned the Miniapolis Moline starter drive was very knowledgeable about Funks. Seems he met one of the surving Funk brothers in the 1980/90's.
  13. 8

    Help Identifying A 1948-1952 Starter Drive

    To me the R, Z and U starters looked about the same. Some of the loose starter drives said to be for these starters had the champher on the wrong side. Can help but think these were flipped images. None of them were exactly of the same design as mine. The starter in the link below looked like it...
  14. 8

    Help Identifying A 1948-1952 Starter Drive

    That is a place to start.
  15. 8

    Help Identifying A 1948-1952 Starter Drive

    Thank you for chiming in. I went back and added relevant details I originally left out. Pictured is the nose cone slid in place and the side of the tractor where the factory 4 cylinder starter would have been. Starter drive could be pre 48'. This information came to me second hand from a man who...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top