Recent content by 99 7.3

  1. 9

    8n starting issue

    Yes, I totally get you. There has to be something broke there some place. Only issue is if the flywheel bolts came out or the center of the flywheel is broke you would think if the clutch was pressed, the flywheel would come out of place?
  2. 9

    8n starting issue

    Yes, I totally get you. There has to be something broke there some place. Only issue is if the flywheel bolts came out or the center of the flywheel is broke you would think if the clutch was pressed, the flywheel would come out of place?
  3. 9

    8n starting issue

    I have no idea what the noise was. There aren’t any windows in the block or pan. It was late and I had to pull the tractor back to the house with my truck. I haven't had the opportunity to fiddle with it yet. Hopefully soon
  4. 9

    8n starting issue

    Ya, it’s an 8n. Both brake pedals are on the right side and it has a 4 spd trans. I haven't had the opportunity to look at it yet. I was just looking for ideas before I dive into it. I believe it has to be crank or the shaft that connects the two? I don't think it’s the flywheel due to the...
  5. 9

    8n starting issue

    Ok, I do have a key and push button start. I put the tractor in gear & push my starter button. Tractor moves...
  6. 9

    8n starting issue

    Ok, I do have a key and push button start. I put the tractor in gear & push my starter button. Tractor moves...
  7. 9

    8n starting issue

    How does it engage the ring gear to move the starter then? Is there a shaft from the trans to the crankshaft? Does this shaft break occasionally? Just throwing out ideas. Tractor is not modded or anything. It’s converted to 12v & has a different airfilter. That’s it. I’m dreading splitting the...
  8. 9

    8n starting issue

    It is true. Starter free spins when trying to start tractor, but starter will move tractor in gear. It’s odd, but that’s why I’m asking
  9. 9

    8n starting issue

    Looking a little bit of guidance/ideas before I tear into my tractor. I was grading my driveway and the engine started to make a knocking noise. Tractor quit. I tried to start it and the starter spins but does not engage flywheel ring. I can put the tractor in gear and the starter will move the...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top