Recent content by Andy Wickiser

  1. A

    Ford 555D electrical problem

    Good to hear. The other instrumentation lamps work in a similar way so you should be set finding the problems.
  2. A

    4000 row crop diesel exhaust

    I assume you're talking about the 4 cylinder model since you've mentioned that model before. I think you'll have to get out your engineer's scale and estimate by comparing to known parts in this Ford brochure picture.
  3. A

    Ford 555D electrical problem

    Yes, labelled INDICATOR (WARNING LAMP TERMINAL) below. You can even pull the connector off the alternator and just ground that terminal for the test.
  4. A

    Ford 555D electrical problem

    You're getting into the weeds I think. For that bulb to light 12V is provided on one side through the ignition switch and the ground is provided by the alternator. Anyway below is the flow diagram to quickly isolate your problem.
  5. A

    Ford 555D electrical problem

    Here's what my panel looks like if key turned to run without starting engine. Alternator Charge warning lamp on, Engine Oil Pressure lamp on, Buzzer sounds. If the bulbs are burned out they are easy enough to change. The reason I mention is that with some alternators the charge indicator bulb...
  6. A

    Ford 555D electrical problem

    I should have said charge indicator light as shown in the diagram #9. If it lights on the panel when ignition on but engine not running or alternator not outputting then it's O.K.
  7. A

    Ford 555D electrical problem

    Here's the page that shows the temperature sensor, simplified wiring diagram, and explains operation. In my case I just reconnected the temperature sensor. If you don't have voltage to the alternator I guess you'll have to trace things out. Are you sure your little light bulb isn't burned...
  8. A

    Ford 555D electrical problem

    I'm not saying this is it but I had that problem on my 455D and it was that the temperature sensor in the battery box had become disconnected. Do you have the manuals? If not I have the full set which covers the entire D-series.
  9. A

    Smelting

    Anyone remember Lindsay Publications? I bought this book from them but never got around to founding anything. Anyway it is an excellent reference to all aspects of making one-off parts via the casting process. I checked and it's still available on Ebay and other sources.
  10. A

    1960 Ford 841 with issues

    It's from the printed Parts List PA8800C dated April 1982. The same diagrams are available online at Case New Holland or Messicks but it seems like those are becoming harder to use all the time.
  11. A

    Select o Speed decal needed.

    I would politely suggest that you start a new thread about this with a descriptive title.
  12. A

    1960 Ford 841 with issues

    Yeah that plate is just the Engine Rear Cover PLATE #16.
  13. A

    1960 Ford 841 with issues

    I don't see any picture. However on my 1957 840 that hole is a through-hole leading to the bellhousing compartment of the transmission. So that's what you were draining. When I pulled that bolt nothing came out, I had to stick a wire through to confirm it wasn't a blind hole. My tractor...
  14. A

    Ford tractor 2000 series diesel 1974 bad generator

    It's up to you, I looked up brushes for your generator 309791F and they are ridiculously priced at around $90 for some reason. A whole generator is available from this site for not much more or an alternator converion kit for about twice as much...
  15. A

    172 ci cylinder order

    #1 is at the front, #4 is at the back. In your case wires are in the correct order and distributor rotor is pointing to #4 when #4 is at the top of compression stroke. Nothing wrong with that if it's running right. Below is the procedure to check/set static timimg.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top