Recent content by B. White

  1. B

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    Foliar. I guess the folks who lived here before me planted every type of invasive available in the 50s. Had this around the house and wisteria and what I think is some kind of jasmine around shrubs and in monkey grass. Also had all kinds of holly around that kept sprouting back. It has been...
  2. B

    Looking to buy a pair of binoculars

    Another Vortex user here. I'm not in a situation to need them much. Took them to Alaska and loaned them to someone else who went. I've had them 8-9 years and they are fine. I have a couple of their scopes and they work as well as my expensive stuff, just heavier. I'd guess it would be the...
  3. B

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    It was all over this place when we moved in on and under siding, up a block wellhouse wall and up pecan trees. Triclopyr with a little diesel took care of it. The hard part was scraping off the tendrils getting ready to paint.
  4. B

    September rainfall, such as it was.

    Weather folks were talking about flood warnings for this weekend. Didn't happen, but we did get .91 over the past couple of days. It was slow and steady, so hopefully will soak in and break the dry spell.
  5. B

    The Blackberry Control Thread

    I had a lot of it here along with thistle. In the edge of the woods was wisteria, English ivy and a thousand others. Triclopyr at 2 oz has been good to me if I see a problem starting. I went a little stronger my first application a few years ago before the place was under control.
  6. B

    September rainfall, such as it was.

    .34 for September in central GA. Really hated having to drag drip tape out to plant some of my fall plants, but they were going to get too big in the trays waiting for rain. At least there is no weeds. Put seed in a few other rows and a place across the road. It will have to sit until it...
  7. B

    Deer hunting advice.

    I took over a lease from a timber company from a friend who died in 2013. Everyone on the property needed to sign the form and the forms were around several years before I took over. I gave it up when I was tired of folks wanting to ride around and fill feeders more than hunt, but have been in...
  8. B

    Parade/show tractor tire dressing

    Last year I picked up a Tacoma and the tires were dull and stained. Guy I bought it from said he never could get them to clean up like he wanted. Did some searching since I didn't want anything shiny and ended up trying 303 Aerospace Protectant. I used a cheap throw away 3" or so paint brush...
  9. B

    Fall cattle prices

    I haven't been around any since I was a kid and helped my father keep up with about 50 max at my grandpa's place. He was about too feeble by then to do much except call us if there was a problem. Most would be bought in the fall and fed to sell in the spring. We grew corn and peas to put up...
  10. B

    New Gadget....

    I just upgraded from my 1980s version a few weeks ago. It's not professional, but neither am I. Made me feel better last week when running down what circuit breaker went to what what in this old house and gave a nice loud beep when close to a live switch or outlet. Turns out some of the...
  11. B

    Subsoiler

    That is what I was talking about in my post.
  12. B

    Subsoiler

    If your clay is like my red clay here, don't get your hopes up for getting it better overnight. I had a part of the garden that was plowed in the spring and the only compaction was from walking through picking stuff over the summer. Went through it with the harrow and sowed some of the...
  13. B

    new Zero turn mower choices

    My ROPS gets raised every time I mow by the highway where it is steep in a couple of spots, then I drop it to get under limbs near the house. Solved the canopy problem by rigging a bracket and using a cheap 68" golf umbrella that clamps on. I don't use it a lot, but nice to have when I want it.
  14. B

    new Zero turn mower choices

    I'm another who would say give Bad Boy a close look, although mine is currently down waiting on the hydro gear pump, but as you mentioned lots of brands use their components. If you were in the commercial budget I would definitely recommend it, but at a minimum I would check with a dealer who...
  15. B

    Cub Jumping When Clutch Released

    I did. It was backing up a hill that was hard to tell in the video, so operator/terrain. Didn't do it with me. Was asking due to the distance.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top