Recent content by Bemhoff

  1. B

    16 - 38 inch 9 bolt rims

    Hi, are these original IH rims? What off set are they, 5.9 or 10.7? Any chance you would strap them to a pallet and load them on a truck If I arrainged all the shipping? Any chance you could email me some pictures? Let me know, Thanks
  2. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Thanks Pete, that being said it is sounds like it is time to rebuild it. Hard to start when cold, starts just fine when hot. Will idle at 750 all day when hot and never miss a beat. Thanks again, Bemhoff
  3. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Owen, thanks for the reply. You bring up a good point! We just got this tractor about 3 years ago and really don't recall it being as hard to start then as it is now. We put rebuilt injectors in it about a year after we got it. That may or may not be the answer but it sure is a possibility...
  4. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Owen, thanks for the reply. You bring up a good point! We just got this tractor about 3 years ago and really don't recall it being as hard to start then as it is now. We put rebuilt injectors in it about a year after we got it. That may or may not be the answer but it sure is a possibility...
  5. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Owen, thanks for the reply. You bring up a good point! We just got this tractor about 3 years ago and really don't recall it being as hard to start then as it is now. We put rebuilt injectors in it about a year after we got it. That may or may not be the answer but it sure is a possibility...
  6. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Pete, thanks for the info. Sorry for the delayed reply. I was at work all day and was popping in and out of the office to check my post. The local IH dealer suggested about the pump. That would be easier done than a engine kit. I can check the orfice size on the blowby tester next week. It...
  7. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Pete 23 Thanks for the reply. It is hard to start, doesn't use oil or any water. When we did the test it was with a tool that is used to test Semi truck engines, I was wondering about the orfice size, that will make a big differance. That would probably need to be determined by the size of...
  8. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Yep, you are probably correct and it may be a meaningless walk. But if i have this data I can prove my point with out having to spend the money on a rebuild and hope that it fixes the problem. I don't have years of experience like a lot of you guys out there that can walk up and stick their hand...
  9. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Alan, thanks for the reply. I agree they will have blow by when new. What i am lookiing for I guess is the amount of blowby when new. As the compression decreases the blowby will increase and you can measure that which is what I did. This should tell you how much compression is being lost past...
  10. B

    1086 Acceptable Engine blow by

    Can any one tell me at what amount of blow is acceptable before it is time to do a rebuild. Ours is hard to start, and has some white smoke once started till it warms up. We did a blow by test on it and at operating temp. it has 2.9 inches water, and at full throttle it has 6.0 inches or water...
  11. B

    1086 engine rebuild kits

    Hi, need to rebuild my 1086. What all opinions are there out there on which kit to use and which ones to stay away from. Should I Just do an inframe or out of frame? I'm not going to say money is not an object. But like everything else in this world, there is good stuff and there is not so good...
  12. B

    1086 broken dowel

    Well all, it's out. Had a 5/8" nut plug welded on top of already. Welded a 2nd nut on top of that nut and used a slide hammer and pulled it right up out. The idea of drilling down through it and using hydraulics to push it out wouldn't have worked because the bottom of it is open to a cavity for...
  13. B

    1086 broken dowel

    Thanks for the reply. I have actually thought of that but I am not even sure that I can even drill it. I tried to center punch it ( with a cheap Crafstman center punch) and all i did was flaten the end of the punch. The grease is good idea but at this point I'm not sure I can tap it after I get...
  14. B

    1086 broken dowel

    Thanks for the reply Dave, I think I am going to try pulling it out first. I already have a nut welded on to it so I might as well give it a shot. I will probably try your method after that. I will probably be best to use a mag drill so things aren't as hard to hold in place. I'll let you know...
  15. B

    1086 broken dowel

    Thanks for the info Tractor Vet and sorry for the delayed response ( had to take a quick trip to my daughters ) I agree with ya that I may end up with a mess if I ended up drilling it. Right now I feel I have a 5/8 nut plug welded on pretty good, next I am going to drop a large flat washer...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top