Recent content by BigMaineWomen

  1. B

    Kuhn Tedder; need help with set up and use

    I am looking at an aftermarket shaft which has a pawl limiter. I have tried looking it up and didnt feel like i understood it. Is the pawl limiter adjustable? When it activates, does it completely disconnect? Is a slip clutch more like a fishing reel (friction plate) where it still turns but...
  2. B

    Kuhn Tedder; need help with set up and use

    Thanks, i will see if i can get that wire out. I hear you, i might be able to run it for 30 years like yourself. But i've never hayed a field in my life so i think of it as a little insurance. Plus it being a wide 6 basket i'm afraid it will be easier for me to make a mistake and catch...
  3. B

    Kuhn Tedder; need help with set up and use

    Okay great, thanks on the bolts. I will just make sure i have them closed up so no water can get inside. If someone can chime in for certainty on the metal wire/gasket i would really appreciate it. I called up the dealer today and I got a very nice lady who didnt seem super...
  4. B

    Kuhn Tedder; need help with set up and use

    Thank you guys i apologize for not being present the last couple days, i've been working on and other stuff around the farm and i should be out watering plants but the mosquitos were getting so bad i had to raise the white flag. Its a Kuhn GF7001T that has been severely neglected. I bought...
  5. B

    Kuhn Tedder; need help with set up and use

    Son of a gun! I'm missing the big crank that goes on front. That's what adjusts the angle of the front two. Not sure what the big lever is for then. Maybe one person can lift up to help take weight off?
  6. B

    Kuhn Tedder; need help with set up and use

    I purchased a (later) Kuhn tedder and it needs more work than I realized. I'm also trying to figure out how to use it because there is such little for resources. I can't believe Kuhn is such a big brand with so little information on functions and features. This is a 6 basket tedder, manually...
  7. B

    Just bought my first tractor, AC 6080

    Thanks Vic i think i've got it. The way you are recommending using it is the opposite of how i found it so hopefully nothing is worn out. However i think something must be wrong because with the right level in the "PTO off" position, the PTO is still running.
  8. B

    Just bought my first tractor, AC 6080

    Thanks JK, this is the method i used to find that part for the fuel line. When i go to find a dealer near me i start running in to walls. I think i will give that dealer a call.
  9. B

    Just bought my first tractor, AC 6080

    Thank you RMG i found the sticker. The number is barely legible but it tells me i have a 1983, only about 40 away from 1984. I don't understand why there are two PTO levers. Is it that one is more like an on/off switch (coupling?), and the other controls a clutch? That would put rod on the...
  10. B

    Just bought my first tractor, AC 6080

    Thanks Bill i'll take a look over there as well.
  11. B

    Just bought my first tractor, AC 6080

    Doesnt look like the picture made it, trying again. [/img]
  12. B

    Just bought my first tractor, AC 6080

    Hi all, very excited to post that my wife and i just bought our first tractor, an Allis Chalmers 6080. It is a 4wd model with a loader, cab and a/c. My FIL has a 25 horse kubota that we have used for chores around the farm, so this is a big step up for us. We are going to use it for haying. I...
  13. B

    Antique vs modern horsepower for kicker, baler, wagon combo

    Thanks John, we are only just getting the rain up here after being a month without. Seems like this year everybody has rain or shine but not both.
  14. B

    Antique vs modern horsepower for kicker, baler, wagon combo

    I'm a motorhead so I do understand that and peak torque, but in horsepower comparisons it seems like people can run certain implements with 30 horsepower from the 1960's. Plus, unless it's been completely overhauled you know that machine isnt putting out the same power as it did 50 years ago...
  15. B

    Antique vs modern horsepower for kicker, baler, wagon combo

    I would LOVE to get my hands on a 6600 for a fair price. Something with average hours, maintained and without a loader should be in my budget. Unfortunately i can't find any for sale. Within a few hundred miles. Is there typically a lot of tractors and hay equipment that comes up for sale in...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top