Recent content by Bill_Deering

  1. B

    Simplicity Tractors Refurb Thread.

    Incidentally, here is a place for sickle bar parts I found. No experience with them yet. https://www.cuttingcomponents.com/parts/garden-mower-parts.html
  2. B

    Simplicity Tractors Refurb Thread.

    Nice Simplicity, looks good with the sickle bar mower. Keep up the thread, it's nice to see the results. How did you make out with your log splitter project?
  3. B

    Kee Lawnmower Discussion

    Out of curiosity I googled what a Kee Mower looks like, and they are pretty cool. Deserving of restoration or just a working machine. I mow my camp in vermont with either a gravely L-8 or David Bradley sickle bar. Fun for just a yearly hobby. Good luck with your project!
  4. B

    Kee Lawnmower Discussion

    Is this something like what you are looking for? Look at this product I found on google.com https://share.google/btJHUwjdBlG0OHkBh Says it is available at tractor supply.
  5. B

    Mower immediately dies

    You need a constant 12v on the solenoid to keep running. If you measure there when the key switch is in the run position you should have 12v. If not I would trace back to any interlocks and to the key switch. Might be the switch. Also if battery hasn't been charged it might not have enough...
  6. B

    Figuring out the proper pins for an electrical plug ?!

    I noticed the spec sheet i referenced was in millimeters, hopefully your calipers can switch between units. I would search on the wire gauge first, then look for square sockets, and then length. It is tedious. I don't know if there is a better way, like looking at the pins on the other side...
  7. B

    Figuring out the proper pins for an electrical plug ?!

    It's an AMP connector, in the picture. I did a quick search and found these...
  8. B

    Simplicity Landlord 2110 sparkplug carboned up

    Hi, yes, that looks like carbon to me. #4 would be the right needle vlave to turn. Maybe in, clockwise, a quarter-turn or so. The other needle valve is for idle. But if it runs OK, I might suspect that plug is too cold in heat range. What is the plug number? Also is it the right length? Google...
  9. B

    Jacobsen chief 1200,

    Yep, Tractor Data says it is Peerless 2300. Very good transmission.
  10. B

    Jacobsen chief 1200,

    Looks like this is a gear drive shifter, an H-type pattern? The ball at the very bottom fits into forks or slide rails that move the gears into position, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, reverse. Above that looks like a locking collar that keeps the shifter in the transmission. Could be a quarter-turn slot that...
  11. B

    Push Mower

    Cool, thanks for that. I'll have to keep my eye out. Symbol looks like it is an Indian arrowhead.
  12. B

    Push Mower

    Cool mower. I've never seen one like it. Here's a pic I found on the internet. Looks like briggs and stratton engine. Vertical shaft and opposing intake and exhaust.
  13. B

    Tecumseh HH60 Ignition Cam misalignment

    Just another thought, you could use your DVM or test light to check the switch is grounding out the points. Make sure the points are open, then look for continuity when you close the switch.
  14. B

    Tecumseh HH60 Ignition Cam misalignment

    Shorting out the points is the way to do it. You need a good ground on the engine block to one side of the toggle switch. And the lug on the side of the mag.
  15. B

    Tecumseh HH60 Ignition Cam misalignment

    Yeah, that's how I first did it. It seemed to me the engine lacked power. But I'm not talking about a timing light that you'd use when the engine is running. I wish that was possible. But just a simple light bulb and battery. The bulb goes out when the points open. I have a 12v test light I got...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top