Recent content by BillET

  1. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    Well many months have passed and I want to let all know how my little drive problem came out. All becomes clear in the end. My problem was a jamed Woodruff key which was jammed so I couldn't get it apart. I was able to get a small cutoff wheel in there to cut off the shaft. I bought a new drive...
  2. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    I pick up the new pulley tomorrow and hope to have it all back together by end of day. Tried to use an adjustable pulley but it was too wide and jamed against the left tube. So picking up the correct pulley from Grainger tomorrow . Will be great together back in operation. Thanks for all the...
  3. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    No problem. I bought a new drive. My next job is removing the old pulley wheel from the original drive. A direct pull started to bend the pulley wheel. Next I will try a little heat and then try to pull it off.
  4. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    I found a nearly identical unit at the Surplus Centet. It doesn’t have a grease fitting but looks to otherwise be a good replacement. I flattened the ears on the flex coupler and am looking forward to putting it all back together when I receive the new drive unit. I will post a photo when I'm...
  5. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    Using a home brew press I made about 20 years ago, I stacked a couple sockets on both sides and pressed out the stub shaft end. Now I know the answer. You put a deep half-inch socket into the center of the flex joint and remove the jam bolt screwed into the end of the angle input shaft. With...
  6. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    Thanks Norman, I tried to get a 20- pound electric hammer on the shaft but there was just not enough room due to the cross piece that works the retraction of the mower deck frame. Removing the mower deck frame was considered but that tractor frame piece was going nowhere so there was no...
  7. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    Well the right-angle drive saga continues into 2026. My attempts to use a wheel puller to press out the shaft were not successful. The first puller bent so I sought a stronger three leg puller. My local NAPA guys, not having any suitable available, referred me to my nearby AUTO ZONE store. They...
  8. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    See attached at 40%and 20% of original.
  9. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    Sorry about the dups I will resize and try again on the next couple days. Bill
  10. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    I have attached a couple photos I took the coupler apart and heated up the joint. I got it to move and can see the start of the groove for the key. After a lot of failures trying to get that flex coupler off I have removed the drive shaft so I can get a punch centered on the end of the angle...
  11. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    I have attached a couple photos I took the coupler apart and heated up the joint. I got it to move and can see the start of the groove for the key. After a lot of failures trying to get that flex coupler off I have removed the drive shaft so I can get a punch centered on the end of the angle...
  12. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    I have attached a couple photos I took the coupler apart and heated up the joint. I got it to move and can see the start of the groove for the key. After a lot of failures trying to get that flex coupler off I have removed the drive shaft so I can get a punch centered on the end of the angle...
  13. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    I have the tractor in my shed. I will send photos in the morning.
  14. B

    Jacobsen GT10 Right Angle Drive failure

    It looks like the white one is the one I need. Mine must be connected to the flex coupler with a Woodruff key but it isn’t coming apart easy. As I said above I will try to get the tractor into the shed and take apart the coupler to try to tap the shaft out of the coupler if there is a hole to...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top