Recent content by BillFinn

  1. B

    M and w dyno

    This cooler was original and froze everything split and cracked. I think we might have some luck with this setup.
  2. B

    M and w dyno

    Not sure of model of cooler but I plumbed in a cooler that's pretty good size. We won't be running very long or very big tractors so I am confident it will work.
  3. B

    M and w dyno

    Aluminum fins with copper tubes. I have been soldering on it for couple hrs but am going to retrofit a furnace coil from a boiler system.
  4. B

    M and w dyno

    I pulled the dyno out today only to find the water froze and ruined the heat exchanger coil. M w is pretty proud of the and I was thinking of installing one from a wood boiler. Anybody see why that wouldn't- work? I would by the largest one I could get in there. We are just doing some tuning on...
  5. B

    2020 filter bypass shimming

    I was referring to shimming filter bypass. Just added relief data in case someone was wondering. I did learn that my charge pressure should be checked at high idle not idle. That answers some of my questions.
  6. B

    2020 filter bypass shimming

    Just installed new pump in trans and a rebuilt main pump. Charge relief is at 125
  7. B

    2020 filter bypass shimming

    I have a question on shimming filter bypass. Iam reading charge psi of 45 at idle speed of 625. Adding more shims to spring is not changing my pressure. The book does not get into any shimming process so I am looking for a second opinion
  8. B

    2020 hydraulic question

    I am checking charge pressure with a tee into cooler line between cooler top and reserve tank. Ideally I should be before main pump.
  9. B

    2020 hydraulic question

    Rebuilder assured me we should be fine. But obviously a flow test on the charge pump will be next on the menu. Just a thought if the pump is dead headed not flowing oil wouldn't 65 lbs charge the inlet
  10. B

    2020 hydraulic question

    Yes filter screen was replaced, we installed a rebuilt pump and now have a surge. About 1000psi swing if it's set at 2300psi if I turn pump down to 1000lbs runs smooth. Charge psi is at 65lbs don't have flow neter but running into a bucket charge flow seems pretty good. I presently have high psi...
  11. B

    2020 hydraulic question

    The main hydraulic pump pressure adjustment needle and seat are leaking. This makes the pump surge. We are going to order a new needle side from Amazon. Not available anymore from Deere. Any other tricks out there I could try while I wait. How about lapping it? Any good ideas on how I would do...
  12. B

    2020 hydraulic update

    I also measured 60lbs of charge pressure at the top of the cooler. Can anyone tell me what controls the charge pump flow and relief setting?
  13. B

    2020 hydraulic update

    Well we have checked the flow regulator with no findings. We decided to cap off pressure line at regulator and install pressure gauge in the tee in place of steering supply hose. At 1000lbs pump runs smooth at 1500 surges the pressure alot. I thinking we have a problem in the pump control. Any...
  14. B

    2020 hydraulic problem

    Update on 2020, I managed to install pump supply and return lines and check valve in their correct locations. Still surging pressure at the rear remotes, Reading 3000psi. Pump rebuilder had us turn the pressure adjustment on the pump down. At below 1500 pump is smooth, above 1500 pump surges...
  15. B

    2020 hydraulic problem

    Perfect info, that's the base I need to cover. I will be back on the jod next week. Thankyou all for your help. I will post my findings next week.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top