Recent content by Blammer

  1. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    no, Asheville, North Carolina
  2. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    this is correct, the problem was not found or corrected on purpose.... which I wish I knew what the problem was and the solution as that lends itself to a better knowledge of what broke and how to fix. So I am back in town from the weekend, went to the barn, turned on fuel, turned on key and...
  3. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    I decided I needed to see all the wires and if there was one disconnected or corroded beyond bad so I took out the took box so I could see all the wires and the ampmeter connections. connected my light touched a few places , yep hot, light came on, yep, yep, as it should be. turned key on...
  4. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    yep got the posting editing message too. The length of time it sat in the barn after it ran was one day. I planned to go out the next day and do some work, and then the trouble started.
  5. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    can you not edit your own post in this forum?
  6. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    the only wiring change I made was to take out the "old ceramic" resistor and put the new OEM one in it's place. everything else has stayed the same.
  7. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    sorry my path of thinking does not follow that procedure. I am not an engineer. it is not wired according to the diagram. the fact that it has ran as wired, two times for me, and many years for my father, does not motivate me to rewire the entire tractor. it motivates me to find out what...
  8. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    yes all 4 lobes points are .015 light on top of test coil 'blinks' once when trying to start, but stays brightly lit. Just like when I am not cranking it.
  9. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    fine, ask away.
  10. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    thanks what would the effect be if the gap in the points was too small? too large?
  11. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    sorry my pictures are so large, not sure how to size them yet. I ohm tested the coil see the two pictures for details. Please note the settings on my meter and let me know if they are wrong, or if the coil is bad.
  12. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    ok here are some pictures and an explanation of what I've done. I will use jasmith503 grey picture as a reference (thanks!) my wiring differs a bit from the picture. I have a wire going from my ignition switch to ampmeter the post at the ampmeter holds this wire and another that...
  13. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    ok home for lunch from work, cleaned and hooked up the battery properly, it turns the starter now. Could not get it to start. Tried to get fire to a plug, nothing. will try more when I get home for the day. any suggestions on what to test first?
  14. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    ok, I'll clean an clamp it tomorrow
  15. B

    8n burning coil everytime

    Ok received the parts today. The OEM resistor, and a rotor cap. installed rotor cap, made sure wires were correct positions. installed OEM resitor (I'll call it that for consistency sake) made sure key was off, installed the battery. hooked it up, checked voltage, 12.8 on battery...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top