Recent content by Brad M-C

  1. B

    140 no compression

    Thanks for the input. I think whoever said that maybe my gauge was not accurate enough to read the compression is correct, because I do have vacuum at the intake and some pressure at the exhaust.
  2. B

    140 no compression

    Well thanks for your honesty. And thanks to everybody who had input that was useful. I found some time to tinker on it some more and tried the hose trick. Basically the thing is leaking air everywhere, I can here it coming though the drain on the oil pan, I can hear it coming though the valve...
  3. B

    140 no compression

    As far as history goes. It had a bad head gasket and two stuck cylinders. I took the head off and soaked the pistons in in atf for about 6 weeks. They started to move, but would not make a full rotation so I got a hone and honed the two cylinders that were sticking. Put it back together...
  4. B

    140 no compression

    I pulled the rocker assembly and ran compression again and still get zero on all cylinders, even with a little oil. I can pump air into the cylinder with an air pump and the motor will not turn over, but i cannot hear where the air is comming back out at. Can the rings be checked without pulling...
  5. B

    140 no compression

    Rotor lines up with compression stroke on each cylinder. How do I check the valve timing? The rocker is moving every valve open and closed right now with plenty of clearence once closed. If I take the rocker assembly off so none of the valves open and I don't have a ring problem I should have...
  6. B

    140 no compression

    LOL... A tablespoon makes no difference on the compression. When I say fill I mean as much as they will hold. At first I thought that my compression tester was broken, but I checked it on my lawnmower and it reads fine. Logic dictates that if it had a ring problem it would not be reading zero...
  7. B

    140 no compression

    I have 140 that has no compression in any of the cylinders. I am suspecting it is a valve issue, who do I verify that? Pistons and sleeves look okay to me and I get 150psi if I fill the cylinders with oil before testing, but get nothing on just air compression.
  8. B

    MF 35 without low or high range.

    We just aquired the tractor from a neighbor who used it to mow the weeds down in his pasture. He said he was hooking up his bush hog and was standing behind the tractor and reached over to raise the hitch a little higher and when he did the tractor jumped into gear and took off. It hit a fence...
  9. B

    MF 35 without low or high range.

    I am looking for imput on a MF 35 that hill not go into low or high range....When the shifter is moved nothing happens, but it causes the handle for the 3 pt hitch to move...Any sugestions?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top