Recent content by bradleydavidgood

  1. B

    Do I tighten this more? Tractor temperature sender: Super 90 Massey Ferguson

    I haven't done anything yet since it's at an Amish farm and we don't work on the tractor on Sunday. So it's all good. I'm going to take it out, measure, and do video before determining next steps. It's all good. I don't mind doing extra stuff to be sure. Thanks
  2. B

    Do I tighten this more? Tractor temperature sender: Super 90 Massey Ferguson

    That was the first thing I was going to add this morning. There was no adapter for the OG probe. I will do all of that and post a short video before moving on. Thanks!
  3. B

    Do I tighten this more? Tractor temperature sender: Super 90 Massey Ferguson

    I can't get to the tractor until Monday since no work at the Amish farm on Sunday, which I'm happy with. I don't think I have 1/2 so it's either 3/8 NPT or smaller. So then I came up with this table comparing NPT (female head) to Straight (male sender) Because I wanted to order every...
  4. B

    Do I tighten this more? Tractor temperature sender: Super 90 Massey Ferguson

    Thanks! I understand now. The tapered and straight thing... I forced a straight thread with the same thread count into a tapered head. And there is no seat for the bulb shoulder. The new sender came with an adapter, and I could thread the sender into the adapter, but the OD of the adapter...
  5. B

    Do I tighten this more? Tractor temperature sender: Super 90 Massey Ferguson

    Seems to be holding after removing, cleaning, and retightening. Still moves a little.
  6. B

    Do I tighten this more? Tractor temperature sender: Super 90 Massey Ferguson

    True. I have a feeling it just isn't seating all the way in there. I'm going to pull it out and compare more closely to the OG. Thanks
  7. B

    Do I tighten this more? Tractor temperature sender: Super 90 Massey Ferguson

    Good questions Jim, thank you! I don't remember removing a bushing. I will have to look in there tomorrow more carefully. No new bushing came with the new one. This other video shows more, and shows the new and old unit. Skip to half way and its a little further on than half way.
  8. B

    Snowplow

    That's all we get to see, the ID plate?
  9. B

    IH 606 no spark trouble shooting advice please.

    why not swap coils on the existing motor and see if the no spark follows the bad coil.
  10. B

    1939 9N Colors

    That sure looks nice! Weren't they called Ford Ferguson in that year? The serial number is on the left side of the engine block on a flat spot. Usually you have to wire brush it and use a bright light at many angles to read it. Since it is repainted you may have to scrape paint off. Those...
  11. B

    Farmall 560 gas question

    The load screw—also called the main-fuel or high-speed screw—is at the bottom-front of the carburetor bowl and points horizontally toward the front/radiator. It is the long screw with a packing/jam nut around its base. That is the load/main-fuel adjustment screw. Turn it counterclockwise to...
  12. B

    Farmall 560 gas question

    Sounds like it is running lean. Try opening the carb load needle 1/4 turn. If it's not that, fuel may be restricted somewhere else like the bowl, a screen before the carb, plugged gas cap vent or sticky float or needle.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top