Recent content by Btzj02

  1. Btzj02

    Valve spring installation orientation

    Thanks. I got up early this morning and removed and reinstalled all the springs the correct way. I used the air in the cylinder trick so I did not have to remove the head. Lesson learned: inspect everything even if the "professionals" did the work.
  2. Btzj02

    Valve spring installation orientation

    1964 gas 4000 4 cylinder. Recently I lost power on the #1 cylinder on a freshly rebuilt engine. The problem was a broken exhaust spring on the #1 cylinder. The shop manual says to install the springs with the tighter windings towards the head. After inspecting all of the springs it seems as if...
  3. Btzj02

    Yet another 8N backfire issue

    My Neighbor, an old school tractor mechanic used to tell me that if you are getting backfiring it is a timing issue. Many things affect the timing from installing the distributor incorrectly, points or firing order is not 1, 2, 4, 3, etc.
  4. Btzj02

    Fuel Line question Ford 640 134cc engine

    The Chemistry: All of the components of gasoline have their own boiling points. The Initial boiling point is determined by the lightest component of gasoline, which is usually forms of propane and butane. Final boiling point may be in the range of #1 fuel oil. Ethanol and water also have defined...
  5. Btzj02

    Fuel Line question Ford 640 134cc engine

    Actually todays fuels vaporize, (boil), at a higher temperature, (boil later not sooner), due to the fact that the Read Vapor Pressure, (RVP), in todays gasoline is lower than RVP of years gone by. If the comment was to discourage the use of Ethanol in gasoline it may be interesting to know that...
  6. Btzj02

    Ford 4000 PTO

    E mail me your snail mail address and I will send them your way.
  7. Btzj02

    Ford 4000 PTO

    I did find the two that will work. Email me if you want me to send them to you. Or, I am in South Central Minnesota if you are near by.
  8. Btzj02

    ford 3000 pto cable

    Try Arthurs Tractors.
  9. Btzj02

    Ford 4000 PTO

    Try Arthurs tractors for SOS parts. They may have what you need but I am sure it will not be cheap. Earlier in the thread you mentioned a problem that appears to be the same as the problem I have. Here is a picture of my fix. I found these collars on the internet. Drilled a few holes on both and...
  10. Btzj02

    Fuel Line question Ford 640 134cc engine

    The last rubber fuel line I bought had a caution in the package stating something to the effect: "Not to be used in an enclosed area". I am assuming that may mean that an enclosed "heated" area may be a problem. All my small engine equipment uses rubber fuel lines with no problems! For my...
  11. Btzj02

    8N dust cap and rotor clip

    I once had an issue with a NEW dust cover that would not seat properly on to the distributor. A few minutes with a little sand paper to narrow the base of the dust cover allowed the dust cover to seat properly.
  12. Btzj02

    Cleaning up my 8N for a little paint!

    Good idea on the hardener. I did not do that and I am starting to regret I didn't take the time. Looks Great!
  13. Btzj02

    Steering Box

    I had a little trouble stopping the oil leak around the adjusting screws. It seems the O rings were crushed when reassembled. In the end I used gray RTV gasket maker to seal the threads on the adjustment screws. It's been a couple years now with no leaks.
  14. Btzj02

    59 ford 801/871 diesel SOS cable

    https://arthurstractors.com/ Try these guys!
  15. Btzj02

    Still having problems with my Jubilee burning points

    Today in my shop I have 4 brand new condensers. I keep them on hand because they are very easy to change and my luck has been such that even out of the box I frequently run into bad condensers. The primary purpose of the condenser is to balance the "reactive" of the coil with the "reactive" of...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top