Recent content by Dan Newberry

  1. D

    John Deere X320 front tires/wheels

    Just for future reference, the Marastar 21426 tires and wheels below are a perfect fit. The rim is 6" but tire height is correct, axle diameter and length perfect... 100 dollars for the pair. I found these on Amazon. MARASTAR 21426 Front Tire Assembly Replacement for 100 and 300 John Deere...
  2. D

    John Deere X320 front tires/wheels

    Thanks for the link Roger. If these things I have coming from Amazon don't work I'll see if those are still available. I'm in Virginia, so unless he will ship them I guess I won't be able to get them.
  3. D

    John Deere X320 front tires/wheels

    Thanks guys, I will update when I resolve this. I did find a set of tires mounted on 6" rims on Amazon, with tire height being the same, so the ride height should work. Axles are 3/4" with 3" hubs, so that should work. I'll post back one way or another.
  4. D

    John Deere X320 front tires/wheels

    We need to replace both front tires on our John Deere X320 riding mower. I was hoping to find the wheel/tire combos, and just slip those on to the axles. The tire size is 15x6.5-8 I did find OEM tires on Amazon in that size, but word is they're really difficult to mount (the only reviewer...
  5. D

    8n idle, rising and falling

    10-4, thank you. I'll look into the carb issue next time I take the tractor out. I appreciate the help.
  6. D

    8n idle, rising and falling

    thank you, all. I'll check fuel supply (I think that fuel sediment bowl should be replaced)... we did take the tank off and cleaned it out well back in the summer. I appreciate the help.
  7. D

    8n idle, rising and falling

    I'm going to try to attach a video... tractor idles up fine for a couple seconds, then tries to die... then the governor catches it and pulls it up again, and cycle repeats... this tractor was not doing this when parked about 3 weeks ago, just started doing it today when we started it to move it...
  8. D

    Things I've learned...

    you're probably right about the M/S carb giving trouble because of the crummy gas tank. it's actually working fine now that things are all cleaned up, and I'll only use the knock-off carb if I get in a spot. I do have one of the cheap carbs on the 48 model now, and it's working well so far.
  9. D

    Things I've learned...

    I've owned two 8n tractors for the last 4 to 5 years. Over that time, I've studied and worked on these things... and gone through the gamut of finding every time I'd go back to use either one of them, something would be wrong, they wouldn't start. I have learned a lot, and I've learned it "out...
  10. D

    compression numbers...

    Our 1952 8n was needing some work, and while we had the hood off (cleaning out the gas tank) we did a compression check. My 1948 8n had pretty standard compression, between 100 and 105 on all 4 cylinders. This 1952 had the following numbers--but let me admit that my son did the check and I...
  11. D

    x320 John Deere throwing drive belt

    Ed, that does seem to help a lot. We have a few different folks who use this mower and it's hard to police everyone, but I do think you're right, dropping the idle would help. I think the design would benefit from an additional belt guard closer to the front pulley (the one on the engine's...
  12. D

    x320 John Deere throwing drive belt

    I should mention... there is *probably* some way to adjust the twin tensioning pulleys on the drive belt, which may help this belt throwing issue. I couldn't see any way to do it while I was under my mower, but that doesn't mean it can't be done, I may have just overlooked it. It wouldn't seem...
  13. D

    x320 John Deere throwing drive belt

    This message is a reply to an archived post by dan newberry on November 17, 2016 at 13:14:37. The original subject was "Re: x320 John Deere throwing drive belt". Just an update for future forum searchers... The reason the drive belt comes off the x320 JD mower is... the parking brake releases...
  14. D

    x320 John Deere throwing drive belt

    10-4... I've left the deck off of it for the season, so it'll be easy to get back up under there and check those guides. I appreciate the help.
  15. D

    x320 John Deere throwing drive belt

    I should have mentioned... the new belt is the one which slipped off the second time. That belt has less than 20 hours on it I would think.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top