Recent content by Dave Westlund

  1. D

    Wiring a Hustler zero turn help

    Hi Guys. Got off of restrictions yesterday so I spent time looking at the wiring. You were correct I did have two issues. one with the coil and the other was the carb solenoid wiring.. I'd like to thank all of you. I got some mowing done and the wife is happy. Life is good.
  2. D

    Wiring a Hustler zero turn help

    Yes The old engine carb had a shutoff solenoid. I need to check that out but have to wait a few days with minor surgery be done yesterday
  3. D

    Wiring a Hustler zero turn help

    Guys, I didn't think about the engine switch compatibility since this is the 4th Briggs Intek motor install but I believe the carb is from a different manufacturer. Oversight on my part. The solenoids are not the same. I'll have to check the out. Be a day or two before I get back on this project.
  4. D

    Wiring a Hustler zero turn help

    Hi Mule Meat, I can see I didn't deliver the message correctly. Sorry about that. It's not a key issue. Using the key, engine turns over, has spark, has fuel to the carb solenoid and will fire only if I squirt gas into the carb. It will run for a couple of seconds then dies once the gas is...
  5. D

    Wiring a Hustler zero turn help

    I replaced a tired Intek 21HP Briggs engine with another Intek engine 19HP this time and I'm struggling with the wiring. My issue is with the carb solenoid. The solenoid doesn't work as intended. I have to jumper wire from the positive side of the battery to the carb solenoid so gas flows...
  6. D

    In the market for an ultrasonic cleaner

    Thanks guys. HoBo has one in Hutchinson. Going to pick it up today. I appreciate your push...
  7. D

    In the market for an ultrasonic cleaner

    Looking to purchase a budget friendly ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning carbs and other smallish parts. Something in 6L size from what I see would work well for my needs. With this being said. What are your experiences? What features are important and what is not? Never been around one so I am...
  8. D

    baur angle grinder

    I'm with you on the paddle switch.
  9. D

    Memories of Years Gone By.

    Ah, the fly swatter. Mom's favorite teacher.
  10. D

    Removing a distributor shaft on an Allis CA with froze engine

    My title pretty much says what I could use help on. I want to save the distributor shaft in the attached photo without damaging it. Should I be able to pull it straight out? Or do I need remove the governor? Thank you for your time.
  11. D

    PTO Lubricant for 1550 Oliver

    Got side tracked. These feedbacks are all good info. I'll do a little plumping too.
  12. D

    To add to how things have changed

    I remember the add on blinkers
  13. D

    PTO Lubricant for 1550 Oliver

    Tom, There is certainly some truth in what you said. (After owning it for two years I had not check all fluids). Thanks for giving me a nudge... Question: Hydra-Power Drive: Manual says use ATF. What came out while draining was oil type fluid. I plan on filling it with ATF. See any...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top