Recent content by DavidMorgan

  1. D

    New to me Forklift - Advice on mounting?

    I think you just nailed it. If it was backfilled with not pressurized fluid as you pressurize the other end it would push that fluid back into the tractors or Aux reservoir and keep it topped off. That is a huge ram cylinder to fill up. I knew it had a reason, and that makes very good sense...
  2. D

    New to me Forklift - Advice on mounting?

    So without major modification just unbolting some Stuff and adding some pins. I used the thing in what I would call "Pallet fork mode". I was able to lift the load I need to move arround this weekend what felt safely. Granted 6" off the ground. I surmise it weighs about 600#. This tractor has a...
  3. D

    New to me Forklift - Advice on mounting?

    So for now I am setting the forks aside till I can get the frame fabricated. The quick connects coming off the spool valves are Female ends. It should be male ends on the empliment and female on the tractor right? This is backwards? I am glad I came to the forum. The guy who sold it the...
  4. D

    New to me Forklift - Advice on mounting?

    Ok so that answers my initial questions. How does the frame attach to the rear axles? I am going to have to fabricate it.
  5. D

    New to me Forklift - Advice on mounting?

    I understand what you are saying. But I don't have a concept of what kind of weight I can lift on the three point. I needs to move some stuff that only weighs about 1,500#. I will likely need to counter weight the nose yes I understand. Can the three point handle 2k I dont know what the rated...
  6. D

    New to me Forklift - Advice on mounting?

    I have seen them with those backword driving conversions before. I always wondered how they did that. So front mount is basically out of the question. Maybe later in life when all I need to do is move a bale of hay or a Pallet. For now I need to be able to unload pallets of building...
  7. D

    New to me Forklift - Advice on mounting?

    What kind of rough capacity limit are you thinking if it's front mounted? I can't seem to find any data on this. Would 2,500lbs be out of the question? I like front mounted so I don't have to take it off and on all the time to switch impliments. And I am use to front forks. But this is why I...
  8. D

    New to me Forklift - Advice on mounting?

    I pickup a used older forklift last night. Looks to be very useful with side shift even. For the short term i am going to try and 3point mount it to get some immediate work accomplished. But my ultimate goal would be to frame mount it on the front of my To35. I have no idea the brand or...
  9. D

    Need help breaking the bead off rear tire ideas.

    I have used a high lift style bumper jack in the past. Tire flat on ground just under the sturdy bumper of the truck or frame. Jack on the tire right at the bead but not on the wheel edge. Jack away and it will pop eventually. Have your tire irons ready to peel it the rest of the way. This is...
  10. D

    To35 Transmission Problem

    Dang typing Long winded affairs on my stuppid IPhones. Can't spell and can't see the letters to proof read the typos! Sorry guys. I tried to edit my horrible grammar and spelling but it's locked. Let me know if you need a translator for my gibberish, I forgot my glasses.
  11. D

    To35 Transmission Problem

    Thank you for the feedback on my idea. It's pure hackery for sure but I don't have time for a teardown right now. It was a known risk and other than driving up the road I can do what I need with first high and low. I do want to pull the hydraulic filter this weekend and make sure it's...
  12. D

    To35 Transmission Problem

    Yes that was what the seller believed the problem to e. However I was dobios of that diagnosis as 2nd gear did appear to work fine. And indeed does for a period before fading our. I visually inspected the parts. The fork and rails are fine. I can see the loose pinion gears and slide them back...
  13. D

    To35 Transmission Problem

    Hello. I am new to this forum and am hoping to get some advice from the gurus. I recently picked up a 1960 To35 with the 4Cyl Continental Engine. The tractor is a deluxe model. I got it cheap cuz 3rd gear did not work. As it turns out 2nd gear also does not really work either. When shifted...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top