Recent content by DCA

  1. D

    TO35- 6v regulator

    Have you checked the output voltage? You will need an analog meter because the ignition system creates enough EMI to disable a digital meter. I was having the same problem that you described until I checked the output voltage and found it was set incorrectly. Once I got the cut-in voltage...
  2. D

    TO35

    The standpipe is under the small plate at the right front of the hydraulic cover, under the seat. In line with that cover are 3/8 plugs on both sides of the cover. The manual says to attach a pressure gage on the right side, but you can remove the plug and attach a gage on either side. Early...
  3. D

    MF 35 Utility

    Which lever was on the wrong side of the roller? Inside (draft) or outside (position control)? Have you tried to make the control lever adjustments? If you have the cover upside down on the bench it is important that the lift arms be raised (full down position when upside right). And that...
  4. D

    MF 35 Utility

    Do you have the hydraulic cover off of the tractor? With the exception of the adjustment of the draft control spring, the adjustments cannot be made thru the inspection hole as suggested in the I&T manual. I found play in the draft control spring and the nut was chewed up from people...
  5. D

    53 TO35 PTO problems

    Richard is correct, it is not a '53. First year of production for the TO5 was 54. The front end of the PTO shaft is driven off the back end of the hydrauic pump shaft. Slow to lift, if at all, and no power to PTO could be symptoms of the same problem. I think that would suggest a clutch...
  6. D

    craftsman quality these days

    Craftsman hand tool sets are manufactured by Danaher. I believe Danaher also manufactures some of the higher priced brands. The ratchet mechanism in the newer ratchets is not as good as the older ones. If you have an older ratchet wrench, ask for a repair kit. They are easy to rebuild. In...
  7. D

    trans oil

    Manufacturer's spec is SAE 80 winter, SAE90 summer mineral oil. Mineral oil is also known as GL1. NAPA has SAE90 GL1. I just filled my TO-35 with that. I think the price was USD65 for 5 gallons. They also have it in 1 gallon containers, but if the store does not have it in stock they will...
  8. D

    Maytag Electric Dryer SQUEALING!

    Get your model number. Go to sears.com and select parts or many other sites that sell appliance parts. You will find the parts lists and drawings. Those old Maytags are a pain to disassemble and work on, but those drawings should help you figure it out.
  9. D

    TO35 Draft Control Linkage

    John, Thanks for the help. I sent an email to you with more of an explanation, so this post is for the benefit of others that might read this thread. I was chasing a problem that was not a problem. The implement I had mounted was just too heavy to use with draft control (approx. 700...
  10. D

    TO35 Draft Control Linkage

    Thank you for the response, Phil. This turned into a long and costly job, when I started out thinking that I just needed to make those adjustments you are referring to. The I&T manual says they can be done thru the inspection cover on the right side, but I soon concluded that was...
  11. D

    TO35 Draft Control Linkage

    I just finished a complete overhaul of the upper hydraulic system. The position control works great and will easily raise a heavy implement to the transport position even at idle. However, the draft control barely lifts it off of the ground. I am wondering if I got the draft control lever on...
  12. D

    MF-35 - lift cover

    You may find that you cannot make the adjustment to the internal position and draft control levers with the external levers set as prescribed. This is what I found when I removed the lift cover to make those adjustments on my TO35. If that is the case, respond back to this post and I will...
  13. D

    TO35 hydraulics

    Neil, I have gone thru all of the nearly 300 pages on both the Harry Ferguson and Massey Harris forums and checked out the posts on hydraulics and some other items of interest that I have. It took a few hours, but I learned a lot. (The Harry Ferguson forum is specifically geared toward the...
  14. D

    Early TO35 Hydraulics

    Thanks for the response, Paul. The 3" cylinder, rings and piston are readily available. From everything I have researched it appeared that PN 184442M1 can be used, but I was looking for the confirmation that you supplied. The bolts on the 2-1/2" cylinder are 7/16". The YT replacement for...
  15. D

    TO35 hydraulics

    1. Does your TO35 have the double clutch? If it does the clutch works in two stages. The first stage disengages the transmission. The second stage disengages the PTO shaft which also drives the hydraulic pump. In normal operation to change gears or stop with the double clutch there is no...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top