Recent content by Dennis P

  1. Dennis P

    UTS speeds

    I have a 1955 UTS with 14.9 x 30 tires on it. What are the speeds for each gear? Thanks!
  2. Dennis P

    MM governor id

    What does this governor fit?
  3. Dennis P

    C135 sleeves

    One more question and I will stop bugging you guys. I know there’s a serial number break, but are the sleeves the same for both early and later versions?
  4. Dennis P

    C135 sleeves

    Other than the ID, is the super c sleeve the same dimensions as the c135?
  5. Dennis P

    Rebuilding c-135

    I want to rebuild this stationary engine S#22694 to put in a Super C. Right now all that’s done is the head is pulled. It looks like it has sleeves which are rusty, but has a type of domed pistons. I already know about the no whole in back of crank for bushing and rh bolt hole that won’t line...
  6. Dennis P

    Minneapolis Moline U Transmission and Differential seals

    Yes, the modern lip seals are available and better than original. I believe the later U with disc brake has an inner and outer seal. A thinner lip seal is sometimes better than the original thicker seal in that you can offset it a little if the original has worn a grove in the shaft. It...
  7. Dennis P

    Minneapolis Model UTU Heads

    Yes, you can sleeve the cylinders and then bore to the size you want. Bore it, but leave a 1/8 to 1/4 inch lip at the bottom for the sleeve to sit against. Then cut the excess off the top. Also, check the ring clearance in the piston while you’re at it. I had to open up the top land and put a...
  8. Dennis P

    Minneapolis Model UTU Heads

    The head might need rebuilt, but it’s the correct one. (I didn't finish the first post because I hit the wrong button!) sounds like one cylinder might have a leaky valve. New valves are not a problem to get and work between straight and split blocks. I have MM engines with propane intakes and...
  9. Dennis P

    Minneapolis Model UTU Heads

    Almost sounds like a governor problem for low power, it isn’t opening up all the way. I had a UT with a similar issue and I had to bend rod between governor and carb to correct wear problem. The propane heads are higher compression which should help give a little more power. The icing issue and...
  10. Dennis P

    Listing of MM carbs

    Once upon a time, found a listing of carbs used on TC and MM on the internet. I cannot remember where it was and I can’t find it now. Anyone know where it is? Thanks!
  11. Dennis P

    Is this a MM power unit?

    Found the engine and single wheel front end in Oklahoma few years ago. Still had the downward exhaust and heat shields on it. Funny how you find things in a growed up field.
  12. Dennis P

    8 inch RT clutch disc help

    Have you thought about about calling Welters and check on lining and rivets?
  13. Dennis P

    7" curved lens lights

    To answer your question, I buy headlight parts through Korves Oliver’s. You can also get kits to change from bayonet type bulb to newer standard bulbs( not sealed beam). Talk with them about your lights.
  14. Dennis P

    7" curved lens lights

    Probably lights off early automobile. I have never seen 7” curved lights on an MM or any other tractor. Anyway, I think the 7” lights look better anyway!
  15. Dennis P

    Magneto identification

    I have a fm magneto on a y69 continental stationary engine and have no fire. It is different than mags I have marked on in the past, they all had points. I do not see any in this one, so how does it work? What model is it, the only thing I can find is a serial number? Thanks!
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top