Recent content by Dick_nw

  1. D

    12V Conversion, '64 2000. Starter relay question.

    Thanks for your input, John! AND thanks again for all your work on the wiring diagrams and other electrical that you have contributed on this forum. It is much appreciated by lots of folks!! I've ordered another relay from a different source. We'll hope it is a better example. If you have...
  2. D

    12V Conversion, '64 2000. Starter relay question.

    Thanks for your reply, soundguy. I did go ahead & bench test it. On first try, it would engage with the base grounded & 12V+ to either S or i. I then grounded the i term & applied 12V to S (as it should operate) & it engaged. I then went back to the original hook-up & it wouldn't engage...
  3. D

    12V Conversion, '64 2000. Starter relay question.

    I have a "64 2000 SOS 4 cyl gas that I bought about a year ago. It has a 12V Delco 10 SI 3 wire conversion that was done in a very sloppy manner. Many cut off wires, SOS safety switch not connected, etc. I"ve found the wiring diagrams and the Hundred Series 12V conversion that john in la has...
  4. D

    Tubes in Tubeless front tractor tires?

    Thanks a lot, guys! It looks like the tubes will go in. Dick
  5. D

    Tubes in Tubeless front tractor tires?

    Hi all -- I am working on the front end of the '64 2000 4cyl gas tractor that I recently bought. The front tires & rims were mismatched and the tires were shot. So I ordered new tires (6.00x16 6ply 3 rib) and bought new rims. The tires I bought said that they came with tubes, so I assumed...
  6. D

    1964 Ford 2000, Original paint color for wheels

    Thanks much, Dean! Dick
  7. D

    1964 Ford 2000, Original paint color for wheels

    Thanks for the reply, Dean! OK, I'll look for the paint. I'm fairly new to the old Ford tractor scene, but I did recognize the CNH reference. What I don't know is -- does this mean a visit to the local Ford/New Holland dealer, or do they also have a corporate on-line parts availability? I...
  8. D

    1964 Ford 2000, Original paint color for wheels

    Thanks for the reply, Dean! OK, I'll look for the paint. I'm fairly new to the old Ford tractor scene, but I did recognize the CNH reference. What I don't know is -- does this mean a visit to the local Ford/New Holland dealer, or do they also have a corporate on-line parts availability? I...
  9. D

    1964 Ford 2000, Original paint color for wheels

    Hi all! I've recently bought this Ford 2000 (S/N 40399), and have researched this to be an early 1964 tractor. My most immediate problem is the front tires. They are BAD. Other than the fact that they're badly weather checked -- they don't hold air!! I know, I could fix that -- but it seems...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top