Recent content by dmkacb

  1. D

    Finally Done!!!

    Gorgeous machine! That is a big accomplishment and something to be very proud of. I really like the addition of the wide front end. Nice nice work! AND a beautiful Tractor, make sure you get out and show it off a lot!
  2. D

    B.Y.O.T Party

    That is such an awesome Idea! I wish I lived near by. I hope you have perfect weather for your event. I would love to do something like that, but I don"t know anybody else that owns a tractor. Good luck with the party and enjoy yourself.
  3. D

    Allis Tractor Name meaning?

    I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is any meaning behind the names given to the various Allis Chalmers Tractors. Specifically, what does WC or WD stand for, or D-15 etc... there must be some meaning behind the letters or letter and number combinations right?
  4. D

    What is a snap coupler?

    What would go through the big round hole in the middle? what is the small bolt in front of the round hole for? I"m going to do a Google search to see if I can find a photo of one of these attached to a "B" tractor.
  5. D

    What is a snap coupler?

    Thank you Bob. From what you are describing, it sounds to me like there are other parts that I would need to obtain to go with this as the photo does not show other types of supports or hydraulic cylinders or anything like that. It is just a single piece shaped kind of like a bullet with a...
  6. D

    What is a snap coupler?

    I saw someone selling a "Snap Coupler" for an Allis Chalmers B tractor. The ad had a photo, but I could not tell how it works, what it is used for or how it attaches to the tractor. Does it attach to the drawbar? Replace the drawbar? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  7. D

    Ready for the 4th Parade!

    I"m so excited, I"m all ready to get my 1940 "B" out in her first parade on the 4th of July!
  8. D

    Hours of run time on full tank of gas?

    Hello everyone, the newbie is chiming in again for some help. Do any of you know how many gallons of gas the fuel tank on a 1940 Allis Chalmers B holds? Also How long in hours could I reasonably expect to get on a tank of gas if I am pulling a parade float? I know there are a lot of variables...
  9. D

    Tirt Paint Before and After

    I did not mask off the rims at all, the very little I did get on the rims wipes right off with warm water if you get to it right away. I had no problem keeping it only on the tires just doing it freehand with an old washcloth.
  10. D

    My 1940 B after detailing it.

    I live up in Port Washington which is about 27 to 30 miles north of Milwaukee. I"m going to look into going myself, but getting the B down there is not feasable at this point in time.
  11. D

    My 1940 B after detailing it.

    I can't take much credit for anything as I bought it as she sits. The only thing I did was wash and wax her and paint the tires with black tire paint. All of the restoration work was done already.
  12. D

    My 1940 B after detailing it.

    Thank you for the tip about the A/C 100 year anniversary. I will have to plan way ahead if I want to attend as I have no way to haul this thing around. I don't own a trailer and even if I did none of my vehicles are strong enough to pull it. ( I know I should have thought that through better...
  13. D

    My 1940 B after detailing it.

    Spent a vacation day washing and polishing my 1940 Model B. Way more fun than a day at work and way more fun than detailing a car. I think that it is kind of cool that I live only around 30 miles from where this little tractor was built.
  14. D

    Tirt Paint Before and After

    I think it wopuldn"t let me post the photos before because I was using my guest login and not my registered one. I like old tractors way more than computers.
  15. D

    Stupidest question of all time.

    now I am glad I asked, because after reading all of your posts I am much more educated about something than I was a couple of hours ago. Thank you all so much for your input and the education.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top