Recent content by Don in Cal

  1. D

    OT: More Farm Pics - Hoar Frost

    Only thing missing in the pix is to see a cottontail hunkered down in the snow waiting to be chased by a bawling beagle...now that music! no need to shoot the bunny, just love hearing the chase!...... Btw....there's no mud on the tires!......haven't hear/read that comment on the stuck and...
  2. D

    OT -gophers and moles ruining my yard

    For gophers I' ve found the "clincher" to be the best mechanical trap..a bit pricey at about $15 but worth it, you may have to order it on-line or go to a nursery to find them...too expensive for the big box stores to carry. Go to you tube to see a demo of the trap and how easy it is to tell...
  3. D

    OT -- Kenmore top loader washing machine

    I just replaced the lid switch on my 10 plus year old machine, the old switch had the tube the new replacement switch did not....shorting the switch instead of replacing it will save you $40 I.e., the cost of a new switch.......also just replaced the washer coupler which connects the motor to...
  4. D

    OT: lightneing strikes on a well

    Here's a site that address's lightining strikes to wells, has some good info and possible solutions, hope it helps....I would 1st make every attempt to verify that lightning was the problem source before spending alot of $$ on Lightning Protection other than a Surge Protector for the well pump...
  5. D

    nice hay!

    so whats the cost of a bale of Alfafa/Hay where you are? here in the Central Valley of California , about 30 miles south of Fresno the Feed Store wants about $17 for a bale of Alfafa and $7.50 for Straw..I/m paying just under $10 for a 50# sack of chicken scratch and $16 for a 50# sack of...
  6. D

    OT-cutting hole in hardwood floor

    I'll be cutting a hole in a T&G hardwood floor, boards appear to be 3-4 inches wide. Am cutting hole to install a stairway to the basement. Flooring is in a cabin built in the 1930's and I will be using a Dewalt Plunge/Track Saw..any tips on making the cut and what saw blade I should use? The...
  7. D

    OT--Why I won't move back!

    Batavia is where I grew up, been thru clarence many times! Was back east last fall to help our married daughter, husband and twins move back after spending a year in new columbia pa, pa was nice but they were both california kids and they really needed and missed thr family support needed when...
  8. D

    OT--Why I won't move back!

    I miss the Western NY spring and fall where I grew up , but not enough to put up with the winter..my job took me away 40+ years ago..don't know how you put up with it! brings back memories...watching the video will give you something to do while you wait for Spring...
  9. D

    New to me tractor hauler

    Well, I'm a standing on a corner In Winslow, Arizona And such a fine sight to see It's a girl, my lord In a flatbed Ford Slowin' down to take a look at me Hmmm....was it an Az girl you bought it from?
  10. D

    more pics

    My gosh! Your stand up splitter is my identical Twin, always thought I had a Twin! including white hair and beard! BTW you might warn him to stay outta Winslow Az for awhile..in case they are still looking for a white haired/bearded guy involved in a Liquor Store Robbery there recently...
  11. D

    Thanks for the good laugh about chainsaws

    Nope! the only time I leave gas in my saw is when I'm going to use it the next day, otherwise I always run'em dry! now that the USA is becoming energy independent on imported oil again I wonder how long before they quit mixing it(corn) in at the Pump! ha! like that will ever happen! Stihl...
  12. D

    OT-Stihl Chain Saw Trouble

    All the trees I"m cutting are 60-75 ft Eucalyptus trees, the largest ones are about 30-35 inches in diameter. A very heavy and hot burning wood, cut to stove wood length its all you can do to lift one piece thats 18 or more inches in diameter,also they drop alot of limbs, be grateful if they...
  13. D

    OT-Stihl Chain Saw Trouble

    Warning to new Stihl Owners..don"t leave the Stihl Dealer without having an authorized qualified Tech verify the mixture is correctely set..i.e. "leaned out" I purchased a MS 660 (7bph) saw last June ($1200.00, not cheap!) , it became progressivly hard to start and finally failed completely with...
  14. D

    OT Losening a rope knot

    How do I get the knot outta a 1 1/4 inch synthetic rope..I"ve read e-how internet advice to work at it with an ice pic or plyers, but there must be some other tricks, like using some lubricant or ??? to make it easier to loosen..it"s really jammed tight from pulling over a tree I cut down..
  15. D

    OT Driving in Snow Storm

    Subject: Driving in a Minnesota Blizzard When Lena got off work up there at Perham, it was snowing heavily and blowing to the point that visibility was almost zero. She made her way to her car and wondered how she was going to get home. She sat in the car while it warmed up...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top