Recent content by Dudleydoright#49

  1. D

    1952 8N WON,T TAKE THROTTLE

    I would like to extend my heart-felt gratitude to all you tractor men who offered good advice. A bought a "as close to original" as possible cast iron carburetor. installed it, started her up and it runs like a champ, 1800 RPM easily. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart and of there...
  2. D

    1952 8N WON,T TAKE THROTTLE

    I ran the fuel test and got 1 pint of fuel in 1 minute 39 seconds. is the tank supposed to be pressurized from heat? We live in the dryest part of Oklahoma so I vented the fuel cap. I didn't like the gasoline spray when taking the cap off. i was standing in calf high grass and it scared the h...
  3. D

    1952 8N WON,T TAKE THROTTLE

    12 volts, never checked the volume of gas. Cleaned the tank, installed a new sediment bowl/ I am working a school board election tomorrow. probably won't get back to it until Thursday.
  4. D

    1952 8N WON,T TAKE THROTTLE

    Yes I have . My light is a simple one, no advance dial. I can't read the markings on the flywheel but it advances about a quarter inch before it dies. The Distributor is new as the original was pretty worn, the strobe light wandered a lot. It is @TDC plus or minus 1 deg static., I cannot tell...
  5. D

    1952 8N WON,T TAKE THROTTLE

    I DO NOT HAVE THE ORIGINAL CAST IRON CARB. I COULD BUY ONE ON AMAZON. DO YOU THINK THAT IT THE WAY TO GO?
  6. D

    1952 8N WON,T TAKE THROTTLE

    I HAVE A TRACTOR THAT IS IN VERY GOOD SHAPE, RECENT OVERHAUL, NEW CARB DISTRIBUTOR PLUGS ETC. I HAVE TRIED ABOUT EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF. FRESHENED UP THE GOVERNOR ADJUSTED AS BEST AS I CAN. IT STARTS FINE, IDLES GREAT BUT ADVANCE THE THROTTLE FOR MORE THAN 1100 RPM AND IT DIES LIKE YOU SHOT...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top