Recent content by Ed Picardi

  1. E

    D4 Cat pony motor valve removal

    That's my plan. I am going to try doing it without removing the camshaft. Hope it works.
  2. E

    D4 Cat pony motor valve removal

    Thanks Phil. Got the valves out. I figured it was that easy, but when I was pushing against 55 years of crud I didn"t want to push too hard. Thanks for your comeback, I really appreciate it. Any pearls on getting out the pistons?
  3. E

    D4 Cat pony motor valve removal

    I removed the horseshoe shaped keeper but cannot get the valve out. The valves and pistons are horizontal. I would think there is something that needs to be disconnected at the base of the valve where the spring pushes against. It is not like an overhead cam. You cannot get to the top of the...
  4. E

    D4 Cat pony motor valve removal

    I pulled out the horseshoe retainer ring. How do I remove the retainer valve? Your response is greatly appreciated.
  5. E

    D4 Cat pony motor valve removal

    I am rebuilding my pony motor for my D4 Cat, 1955. I removed the top half of the motor. The pistons and valves have a horizontal lie. Even with a valve compressor tool I cannot figure out how to get the valves out. I really do not want to remove the cam shaft. Any help on removing the valves...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top