Recent content by ed729

  1. E

    Case 480 CK Gas Won’t Pull Road Gear

    Thanks for the reply. That confirms it’s somewhat normal. Unfortunately I don’t have a low range ;(
  2. E

    Case 480 CK Gas Won’t Pull Road Gear

    Hello, I have a 1960’s Case 480 Construction King Loader Tractor with the gas engine and 4 speed shuttle shift transmission. Is it normal for these to be too underpowered to pull 4th Gear on anything other than completely flat or downhill? The tractor doesn’t sputter, smoke, or have any issues...
  3. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    I found a long term source for 30 inch brush blades. I installed the 30 inch DR heavy brush blade. It fits and mows great. It’s 5/16 thick so not quite as thick as the original gravely blades but probably better than any other replacements. It’s also reversible once you wear out one side you can...
  4. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    I understand. It may or may not work. If I could buy a new blade made for my gravely I would. It seems like in the last couple years everyone that used to make blades discontinued them. There’s still a couple on eBay floating around but the prices are going up and who knows how long they will be...
  5. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    I called Rotary and confirmed those blades have been discontinued. And yeah they don’t sell any 30 inch blades with 7/8 hole. They sell some light weight blades less than 3/16 thick with smaller holes that could be drilled out. I think I’m going to order the DR brush blade today and a bushing to...
  6. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    Thanks for trying to share the link. I took the part number to the Oregon website and it lists that as two 15 inch blades to make the 30” : Set includes 2, 15-5/16" blades for 30" deck. 2.5" in width. 5/8" round center hole. Outer Holes 5/16" and center to center 1-1/4" I did find a 30 inch...
  7. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    Yes I’d prefer a brush blade. Unfortunately no blades are available for gravely anymore, neither grass nor brush.
  8. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    Yep I called and he hasn’t had any for a year and said he won’t be able to get any more.
  9. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    25” is the biggest I see
  10. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    None of these are over 25-27 inches. The stein blade I referenced was for a deere.
  11. E

    Where to buy Gravely 30” Blades

    I have a Gravely L with model 106 brush hog. I just finished getting the tractor going and on my test run the blade broke in half. I’m guessing it was cracked or something as I wasn’t really pushing it very hard. The deck was badly bent up when I got it so it has been abused before for me. Now...
  12. E

    Gravely Model L valve adjuster gasket help

    Hello, I’m working on a 1940s Gravely Model L and I’m a little confused on the valve adjustment gaskets. It seems like this is an older design that was replaced on later models. There’s a gasket at the bottom of the lower “cup” but nothing on top of the upper cup, and nothing to seal between the...
  13. E

    Weak Spark at High Engine Speeds

    I got the second distributor from this site and it has the same problem, no centrifugal advance. I compared the new vs old advance springs and exactly like you said, the new distributor has bent stiffer springs. When you bent your springs, did that get the advance working?
  14. E

    Weak Spark at High Engine Speeds

    Man I’m hoping I can just get a working replacement but maybe there’s an issue with the ones sold here.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top