Recent content by ErikL97

  1. ErikL97

    Anyone use their 8n to pull logs?

    Alright thanks fellas.
  2. ErikL97

    Anyone use their 8n to pull logs?

    I’m wondering if anyone uses their 8n to pull logs. I got my 8n to do stuff around the new property and I needed a smaller tractor. I had some trees fall during the hurricane a few years ago and I’m just trying to get it cleaned up there is some good looking logs hopefully I can get some use...
  3. ErikL97

    My clone carb

    I’ve heard that before. I’ve took mine off and it’s been 180 off before and it went into the slot just fine and I’ve taken back off and rotated it 180 and went back in fine. I worry about that too I try to mark mine when off
  4. ErikL97

    My clone carb

    Will do thanks soaked
  5. ErikL97

    My clone carb

    Will do I will get back on it and will check it. Couldn’t get it to run just serval backfires out carb and exhaust. Thinking it’s another timing issue because I checked the points and I adjusted them back to original setting .015
  6. ErikL97

    My clone carb

    Okay I can't remember what size bits i just got back to working on the 8n after a few months of putting it off. Took everything off to check and clean. I can’t remember off the top of my head it’s a 3/64 bit right? To get are 046? It’s close enough I think right not the exact. I did put it...
  7. ErikL97

    My clone carb

    My eco jet is plugged? Compared to my broken original it doesn't match should I drill it out with correct drill bit
  8. ErikL97

    Got my 8n running again still issues

    What brand do you use if you don’t mind me asking
  9. ErikL97

    Got my 8n running again still issues

    Thanks soak will get started on the steering box
  10. ErikL97

    Got my 8n running again still issues

    So would it be better just to switch it to grease instead of fluid. I could drill it out and install a zert if it would be better for the steering box
  11. ErikL97

    Got my 8n running again still issues

    Steering is fixed, I forgot to put the bolts back in the front axle from the day I removed the bumper. Greased all of the fittings on the front end. What is the recommended fluid for the steering box is there a plug to drain it?
  12. ErikL97

    Got my 8n running again still issues

    No I didn’t get to the point gap today, only had maybe 30 minutes to spare only got my carb apart and had to dig around for my parts. Put the carb back together I will find a drill bit that will drill the .046 I don’t think I have one that small one that size. Tbh I think I have the older...
  13. ErikL97

    Got my 8n running again still issues

    I will have to get another jet then, or if I could find a tiny drill bit I can use that. My rebuild kit didn’t have a jet in it even checked my old carb guess my mechanic friend mis placed it I’ll have to get another one. Do you think I would need to rebuild the steering box? If it comes to...
  14. ErikL97

    Got my 8n running again still issues

    Checked my jet today, it was on my caliper .032 was the smallest wire I had from the carb cleaning kit I had bought for cleaning carbs for saws and lawnmowers and stuff, I had a wire on my caliper that was a .042 but was too big for my jet so my jet is small. Would that be an issue should I get...
  15. ErikL97

    Got my 8n running again still issues

    Yes that what I have now, it’s brand new I get 10 volts to it now last I checked
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top