Recent content by Farmall dean

  1. F

    Parker/Gresen 400 Control Valve

    I removed the spindle and it looked fine to me I am not a hydraulic expert). The rubber O rings looked ok, maybe a little hard. No scoring or dirt. This valve has always been "sticky" compared to the 300 next to it. If I recall correctly, I have to help center the spindle when I push it to full...
  2. F

    Parker/Gresen 400 Control Valve

    I don't believe this valve has a float position adjustment screw but will check it. Thanks
  3. F

    Parker/Gresen 400 Control Valve

    Farmall Super A 1950 with loader. The Gresen 400 (4 way 3 position)moves the bucket up and down (double acting). When the lever is pulled toward the operator the bucket pivots up. The problem-when the lever is pulled SLOWLY back the bucket pivots DOWN and will not pivot up until the lever is...
  4. F

    SA Water in Oil, part 3

    I am thinking the smartest thing to do is replace all 9 studs with new ones. Torquing to 80 lbs increases the risk of failure on old studs. Problem is new ones are $16 from IH. Are there any other sources?
  5. F

    SA Water in Oil, part 3

    Completed installing head (80 ft/lb on studs), adjusting valves, etc yesterday. Drove tractor today for about 20 min to warm her up. Retorqued head to 80lbs and on the last bolt (one nearest fuel tank) the stud snapped. Not Good! So off comes the head again. I used the High Tack spray sealer on...
  6. F

    SA antifreeze in oil, part 2

    Yes, that makes sense!
  7. F

    SA antifreeze in oil, part 2

    On 1/16/13 at 14:15 I posted a problem with my SA with coolant in the oil. After reading all the comments I checked the compression dry and wet with a warm engine. They were 100, 100, 100, 100 dry and 115 acrss wet. I pulled the pan and looked for antifreeze around the sleeves-nothing. Then I...
  8. F

    Super A antifreeze in oil

    I torqued to 65 about 15 years ago because that is the Repair Manual spec, however it seems that best practice is to 8o lbs. I think I may have retorqued it (don't remember-I don't seem to remember much of anything anymore) and if I did I am sure it was to 65-70lbs. I am going to remove oil pan...
  9. F

    Super A antifreeze in oil

    Good advice. I will tighten to 80 ft-lb in 20lb increments.
  10. F

    Super A antifreeze in oil

    If it turns out to be sleeve seals how do I remove the sleeve? Can I rent a sleeve puller? I am in a remote area with few resources and I unerstand removing the sleeve can be difficult. I don"t want to start beating on the sleeves with wooden blocks etc. I have good quality (IH NOS) rings...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top