Recent content by Fixingfarmer

  1. Fixingfarmer

    92 chev alternator

    napa lifetime replacement alternators been what I’ve done lately costs more upfront but then you are done spending money
  2. Fixingfarmer

    Land Rent

    It seems like you know what you want to do. I’ve seen some on both sides too good for the landlord and too good for the renter. I will say last year for the first time in 15 years I’ve seen the average decrease by about a 1/3 so he’s not off base as far as you think or at least not as far as...
  3. Fixingfarmer

    JD 4020 diesel

    My 68 is dry so it’s likely before
  4. Fixingfarmer

    JD 4020 diesel

    Not exactly but you might be able to get close Does it have an oil bath air cleaner?
  5. Fixingfarmer

    Ignition coil with or without external resistor?

    So I don’t own any vehicles with a resistor wire coil that is bypassed on startup and I think I might understand why people use more coils than I. I have never on my OWN vehicle replaced a coil except for one that needed to look nice on a painted tractor. A very quick and probably inaccurate...
  6. Fixingfarmer

    2950 oil leak

    I think mine is 3x5 forklift extension sized rectangle tube with a half inch plate that sticks out into the slots on the sgb and then nuts with a bolt to hold them on. I remember instructions in the book when I made them
  7. Fixingfarmer

    2950 oil leak

    I think the 2640 I did to pull the 2 speed out it’s out the back of the clutch housing I know I had it double split. It was to rebuild the little planetary part of it and put a bearing around it in the case where a rivet had fallen out but I believe it was how to reseal it as well… For sure you...
  8. Fixingfarmer

    2950 oil leak

    Cab comes off if it’s transmission oil Cab stays on the rear when split if it’s engine oil To do both of the possible seals it’s a double split both ends of the clutch housing
  9. Fixingfarmer

    Going to price a hydraulic cylinder for the 240 loader tomorrow.

    Was it the same line? Bad crimp? Sure doesn’t look bent but it’s hard to tell
  10. Fixingfarmer

    Farmall 300 Tack

    That’s interesting
  11. Fixingfarmer

    JD 1941 H

    There should be an idle screw if that’s what you are asking? Open it a 1/4 turn more (counter clockwise) see if that improves the starting Make sure it is sealed up with good gaskets another symptom an air leak would be starting when you are pulling it because it’s pulling more air in the leak...
  12. Fixingfarmer

    43 JD B running

    Sounds good The radiator on the 2 cylinder tractors with tin is always my least favorite thing about the tractors everything comes off the As radiator is palleted up and headed to Waterloo tomorrow
  13. Fixingfarmer

    DEF Question (Legal)

    20 years ago this was the case. Now the dealers are having their own auction at the farm shows. Just for fun I took a look at one of the local mega dealers. He has 43 usable tractors older than 2024 (I wasn’t going to count the 25s as used)of both row crop and 4wd for sale. Sounds reasonable...
  14. Fixingfarmer

    4010 24V SYSTEM

    See sounds like fun doesn’t it?
  15. Fixingfarmer

    DEF Question (Legal)

    While there is some of that going on and prices have softened the last couple years the farm side has been a little auction heavy for awhile now regardless the world economy the dealer seems like the worst place to take a used piece of equipment for any reason and to sell it might be the worst...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top