Recent content by FlipRutledge

  1. H

    No spark on 5 hp brigs.

    I have a troy built pony with a 5 hp brings and I can't getting any spark.Haven't had it running in two yrs.It ran fine when last used.Any help appreciated.
  2. F

    340 hydraulic pump

    My engine driven hydraulic pump seems to be leaking into the engine. I would like to rebuild but it seems to be a strange type. The IH parts manual lists Thompson, and Pesco pumps. Mine is a Cessna. I have seen used pumps off 340s that are Cessnas. Anyone know what the deal is, or how I can...
  3. F

    340 PTO clutch

    That did the trick. 24" pipe wrench (almost pulled the board the vice is on off the bench) clicked it in and out. I could not get it in the range of the specs. One click went from .030 to .048. It should be in the range of .035 - .045 so I left it at 0.48 That thing is a monster to...
  4. F

    push-pull switch won't shut tractor off

    I put in a new switch on my Cub a while back. It would not ground, and I had to connect to the terminal on the back that is flattened out. It seems it was internally the two terminal type. The new ground wire fixed it.
  5. F

    340 PTO clutch

    That sounds like a totally different clutch. This is the stacked we clutch type. The adjustment after removing it from the tractor, is to rotate the spider until it moves .045 in when engaged. I think my problem is just that I am underestimating the force it takes to move the lever when off...
  6. F

    340 PTO clutch

    I am trying to adjust my 1959 340's PTO clutch. (It basically needs the linkage set so it turns all the time to get it to hold, if I set the linkage so it stops, it slips) At any rate once I get it off, I cannot move the lever to engage or disengage it. Are they just hard to move, or could...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top