Recent content by Frank H

  1. F

    Old plow parts found

    I can use three moldboards and two shins and three landsides for a no 8 little Genius plow.
  2. F

    M won't lug up date

    I know you're going over the carb adjustments and all, but on my old M, I was having an issue with power as the weight would come on, even in light classes. I cleaned the carb, the jet was drilled out, it had an 806 venturi, all that. My fuel tank was clean inside, and my sediment bowl had...
  3. F

    Arps Snow Blower

    Well, despite the negative reviews here, I think it's a cool project, and I'd like to have one. I hope you have good luck with it, and I bet with good clean paint, straightened out, and in low gear, you will be fine. Spray some WD40 in the chute and funnel area before use, and I'm willing to...
  4. F

    560 ring and pinion into Farmall M

    T/a guts.....hmmmmmm. I need to do some figuring...thanks.
  5. F

    Cockshutt disc plows

    A friend of mine is selling me a Cockshutt 3 disc plow. I've always used a No.8 2 bottom IH plow behind my M. The disc plow looks heavy, but really well made. Are these any good?
  6. F

    560 ring and pinion into Farmall M

    Okay, thanks for the replies. A W6 ring and pinion makes it faster. I will just keep looking for a low low gear set then. I appreciate it, Frank
  7. F

    560 ring and pinion into Farmall M

    I was wondering if it is possible to use a lower ratio ring and pinion from a Farmall 560 in my Farmall M to slow it down. Thanks, Frank
  8. F

    IH 2 Bottom Plow-Model 8?

    Some little Genius No 8 plows had a double spring for the trip. It really is just drop in the clevis, have the rope hooked to the seat with a piece of breakable wire or string (for when the hitch trips) and adjust the plow according to the directions in the manual.
  9. F

    560 ring and pinion into Farmall M

    I want to install a 560 ring and pinion in my 1944 Farmall M to slow it down. Is this possible or do other things need to be modified to make it happen? Thanks, Frank
  10. F

    Farmall B 3-Point hitch assembly

    In my previous comment I somehow put know but it should have been now. As in I don't mow every week and the A had no trouble cutting.
  11. F

    Farmall B 3-Point hitch assembly

    I've never had any trouble running a 72 inch finish mower behind an A. I had a Ford mower I rigged up and it worked slick, plenty of power with a 113 engine. No golf course grass here but I don't know weekly for certain. Build that 3 point!
  12. F

    Cracked block

    Everyone has their opinion, mine is if it's a common engine like an "A" get a good block and transfer everything to it. I had an A with a cracked block as well. I used it for cultivating. I tried all the different goop out there and eventually it would always leak.
  13. F

    50's dealership in Millville PA

    I bought my latest M a mile or two away from there last year. As we drove down the road to turn around when leaving, we saw that dealership frozen in time and got some pics with my M in front of it. I think it was on a Sunday afternoon, so nobody was around. Now that I know it's open on...
  14. F

    Finally winding down

    Boy, that's a nice set up there. Got to make the moldboards shiny though, put 'er to work.
  15. F

    Farmall M

    Thanks, that'll be good enough for me. I have a 12V distributor in the shed, but currently I have a really good mag on it. New hot coil and points. Thanks for the replies.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top