Recent content by Gary Reif

  1. G

    Corn harvest

    Corn being cut around here to, little earlier than usual because of the dry weather.
  2. G

    Freeze Plug Corrosion Question

    Like was said above, just replace it. Use a punch to hit it on one side that will make it turn side ways. Then use a pair of channel lock pliers to pry it out then clean the bore. Then I always use some type of sealer, not silicone on the bore and find a socket that fits in the cup and drive it...
  3. G

    New tractor

    Hopefully the internals will clean up as well as the outside. I know you'll get it running in no time, your good at what you do.
  4. G

    Farmall h pushrod cover removal can it be done without removing the magneto and oil filter. Thanks Scott

    If my memory is correct there is no pushrod cover on a Farmall H. The cover you see is a water jacket cover. Others correct me if I'm wrong.
  5. G

    B Allis with an oil leak

    This is just a shot in the dark but do those sparkplugs have gaskets on them (copper washers).
  6. G

    Head condition

    From the looks on that picture I would say that at some time previous a seat came loose and beat the edge of the counterbore. The machine shop can look that over and see if a new seat will fix that or maybe go with a size larger OD to remove some of that damage. I'm sure they will know what it...
  7. G

    Bore honing

    If it were mine I would probably hone it with a 320 grit stone type hone since you say it has minimal ring ridge. It's been a few years since my cylinder boring and honing days but I think we finished honing with 320 to put a nice finish and crosshatch in the cylinders. Just my thoughts.
  8. G

    Turkeys

    We see them all over here in central Kansas. They can do major damage to a car traveling 60 mph.
  9. G

    Why did they do that?

    If it's an FE engine I can almost guarantee that about half 0f the top bolts will twist off. Might as well just pull the engine.
  10. G

    Honor Flight for veterans

    Thank you for your service
  11. G

    Bears - Wolves - Alligators

    Mainly coyotes here in central Ks. Don't have to drive very far on any major road to find dead deer in the ditch. Some reports of Bobcats.
  12. G

    Opinions Solicited

    I prefer to have both feet firmly on the floor when using the table saw and concentrate on the task. I've installed a paddle switch I ca hit with my knee which works very well for me so as to keep both hand in control of the work piece. Just my thoughts.
  13. G

    Broken Crossmember to Reverser Bolt - John Deere 350 Dozer - How to Fix?

    Now this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. If it were me I would start by using a drill bit the size of that hole in the cross member so as to start a divit in the center of the stub. That way you would have a starting place to start drilling with a smaller bit and then go...
  14. G

    Under ground water line.

    At work we had a water line leak under a concrete covered lot. They used some kind of listening device to find it. Don't have any information on what it was.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top