Recent content by gears

  1. gears

    Seam sealer question

    Well since I was welding things anyhow, I went ahead and welded most of the seam and then put the AC Delco sealer ($29 / tube) over all the seams, primered and going to paint over it before hiding the whole thing by putting the fender back on...
  2. gears

    Mudrig's new Ford 3000

    Great work Mud, there's just something satisfying (to me anyways) about making what you have work. I just spent an hour out in the barn fabricating 1/4 of an inner fender for my old Dakota (PO got hit and cut chunks out to get it on the trailer)....
  3. gears

    Whatzit? (cord from auction)

    I was going to say stage use.
  4. gears

    Seam sealer question

    Thanks Duner, I have a tube from a few years back that's been sitting in a box in the barn. I'm afraid I'm going to find it dried up when I get around to digging it out this week.
  5. gears

    Seam sealer question

    Thank you doc. Port-a-power on the inside, tried a slide hammer to no avail from the outside so I chained a 600lb ATV to it and used that to yank the hinge mount pillar back out the 1/4"... I will source some 3M Urethane.
  6. gears

    Seam sealer question

    Thanks Show, I'm using the Ospho before paint. As this is being buried behind multiple panels, I want it suitably coated. I will paint over the sealer once it's done.
  7. gears

    Seam sealer question

    Ok, not a tractor but I'm straightening a damaged cab (1st gen Dakota) and the firewall seam on the passenger side was caved in and the seams buckled enough that it was getting heavy rain water incursion. I've straightened it out (Go Go Port-o-Power) and scraped the foamy looking sealer off...
  8. gears

    Thoughts on if the old girl is worth fixing? 1950 ford 8N

    Keep after it sprowler, you'll find as the kids grow up they'll recall the times you worked with them/took them along running the tractor - even if it was just chugging around the neighborhood.
  9. gears

    Thought some might be interested in seeing this.

    C.S. Forester wrote the Hornblower series.
  10. gears

    Thought some might be interested in seeing this.

    Wife just recounted the Halifax tragedy to me over our morning coffee. Speaking of careening, books, and boats, anyone else enjoy Jack Aubry's adventures in Patrick O'Brien's books?
  11. gears

    In the market for an ultrasonic cleaner

    Wow, $55 great find. I'd be interested to hear how it works. I picked a tiny (1L) jewelry cleaner up at a garage sale for $10 but anything bigger than a small engine carb is too big to fit in it. It has a "sweep" feature where the frequency ramps up and down as it's running. Seems to work good...
  12. gears

    Another tool I like.....Dremel tool cutoff wheels that work

    They knew those brown ones were brittle - that's why they sold them in the tube of 25.... it would take all of 25 to get the job done! I would finish and be so happy the disc stayed together and then bump the cord and the dremel would shift on the bench and you'd hear the disc crack as it bumped...
  13. gears

    Review of string trimmer reviews

    Wife & kids like the 40v Ryobi I got. Now I don't need to rebuild a carb or replace a fuel line and start it for them to be able to "help" me with the yard work.
  14. gears

    3000 gasser no start/poor running

    Sweet. Thanks for the links Hobo. I also knew that the plugs dangling weren't in a compression environment and so just seeing them spark out in the open didn't mean that they'd do the same thing under pressure. Now, I just need to throw them out instead of leaving them on my workbench where...
  15. gears

    3000 gasser no start/poor running

    The "S/E" marker is opposite the "0/2/0" indications as shown in your posted pic linked above. Same gap...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top