Recent content by George Best

  1. G

    Ford 4000 manual steering problem

    I ended up taking everything off and took the steerbox off the tractor. Took several evenings to get it done. Seems that I had to fight everything to get it apart. If you have the UK version like I do, you need to take the hood off as well as otherwise it would be a real bugger to get the...
  2. G

    Ford 4000 manual steering problem

    Shaun, Not the response I wanted ;-) At the moment I'm still fighting trying to get the steering arm off. Just trying to keep from having to disconnect the SOS trans and pto, as well as all the other stuff needed to remove the fuel tank and sheet metal. I'll probably end up having to do all...
  3. G

    Brooks some pics

    Walt, The old guy driving the Samson is 92 years old! The tractor is actually owned by Buzz Stetler, but the deal made when he bought the tractor was that the old guy (Bill) could keep and show the tractor as long as he was able to drive it. George ps.. How come no Case tractor...
  4. G

    pto slipping on 4000 w/ SOS

    Larry's the man! I checked the rearend oil and the level was full. Also decided that the same oil I have in the SOS (Costco premium tractor fluid) will also work in the rearend. Adjusted the pto control as Larry suggested, then went out to the field to do some mowing. Mower worked fine never...
  5. G

    pto slipping on 4000 w/ SOS

    Found my manual! So now I see that the pto runs off the rearend oil and has nothing to do with the SOS trans. Manual says first thing to check if it is slipping is the oil level. Haven't pulled the plug out yet to check the level, but I'm wondering what rearend oil people are using in the...
  6. G

    pto slipping on 4000 w/ SOS

    The mower has a clutch, but that's not the problem, as the pto shaft itself is slowing down or barely turning. I assumed the pto unit uses the same oil supply as the SOS trans. Wouldn't think the pto has its own pump and oil supply. I'll try Larry's suggestion first on the pto cable and...
  7. G

    pto slipping on 4000 w/ SOS

    I will post back, but it will be a week or more before I can even get a pressure gauge and have time to test it.
  8. G

    pto slipping on 4000 w/ SOS

    I've noticed that my pto shaft seems to be slipping. When mowing in heavy grass/weeds the pto shaft will come to a stop if the cutting gets heavy. Worked fine last fall with my tiller. I misplaced my service manual and cds, so am not sure where to start. I'm guessing it is time to get a...
  9. G

    Value of Plow for Fordson

    First we need Butch to confirm that the part on my Fordson is the part that you need. Second, I really haven't thought about selling the part. Usually I sell parts if I have multiples, but this is the only one I have. I'd kind of hate selling it if I later got a plow that needed it. One...
  10. G

    Value of Plow for Fordson

    Here"s a photo of something mounted to the rear of one of my Fordsons. Is this the part you need?
  11. G

    Value of Plow for Fordson

    Here"s a photo of something mounted to the rear of one of my Fordsons. Is this the part you need?
  12. G

    McFarlane-Eggers Fordson Rail Tractor

    Here's another Fordson set up to run on rails. Except in this case it was wood timber rails. My grandfather and great-grandfather used this to haul logs to their steam sawmill. Had about 2 miles of wood train track.
  13. G

    1936 English Fordson in running condition

    Helps if you say where you are located. Prices for tractors, etc. vary depending on the part of the country you're in and the number of collectors in your area. In the NW you can't get much more than $1000 for most Fordsons.
  14. G

    Fordson F question

    Chuck, That looks great! Are you building this from scratch or is there a die cast kit you"re working from? If there is a kit, where do you get it?
  15. G

    67 Ford 4000 3pt questions

    Chris, Thanks! Having a UK built Ford makes it a bit more challenging for me as most of the manuals are for the American built versions. I do use a bungee cord at the present time to keep the arm from hitting the tire.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top