Recent content by Hobo,NC

  1. Hobo,NC

    1980 MF-285

    This tractor runs out great it lives a nice life style always barn kept. My bud had owned it about 20 years it came with the farm all he has ever done with it is mow his horse pastures. The hour meter was broke when he got it. Its had two valve jobs, rebuilt radiator new core a injector pump...
  2. Hobo,NC

    "Air Cannon" equivalent for small tires.

    I got a 10gal version of that one. Its two heavy, bulky and a pain to use, I wish I had got the 5gal version. It does not always do the job : (. I keep a few tubes around to use on small tires I put them in the tire blow it up and set it in the sun are near a heat source. Where the 2X4 idea to...
  3. Hobo,NC

    Hydraulic 3-point will not lift, but holds when lifted..

    A reminder…. Override the lift linkage by manually operating it. Wink Wink If his lift holds the #1 obvious conclusion would be a lift linkage/adjustment ware issue. Override it and get that out of the way Life will be good.
  4. Hobo,NC

    Zenith carburators - Ford 3000

    I got my education on the dreaded Holley from the nicest 2000 that came to me as a hard starter. After it got hot and you shut it off it may not start again till it cooled down. Not wanting to spend big bucks for a replacement and not resolve the issue I had to confirm it would run well with a...
  5. Hobo,NC

    ford 2000 3cyl fuel starvation

    That is a drain are a petcock https://www.walmart.com/ip/JEGS-51143-Drain-Petcock-Male-1-4-NPT-Made-in-the-USA/538938329?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=18397&veh=seo_fpl&cn=google
  6. Hobo,NC

    Ford 3000 Brake Failure

    I assume when they machined the housing out for the seal it would stop at that point. Drive it in till it seats. If in doubt measure it up. The garter spring on the oil side of the oil seal, I pack it with grease that keeps it from jumping out while driving the seal in. I am thinking before you...
  7. Hobo,NC

    "Air Cannon" equivalent for small tires.

    Maybe this will help ya the next time. I keep a bucket of different length 2X4's. I wedge the new tire open then place it in the sun are near a heat source. Most of the time this opens the tore up enoufh it beads up without a problem. In the last few weeks I built a small tire changer I been to...
  8. Hobo,NC

    New crank pulley from Steiner muucchh too tight, won't go on 1941 Ford 9n on initial try

    I’m working on a bota installing rear axle seals every video skips a procedure that I would like to know how they defeated the lock on the axle nut. I have my doubts she aligned the keyway but maybe her luck is that good. The U is what she called a Knoch : ). In theory you should never drive a...
  9. Hobo,NC

    New crank pulley from Steiner muucchh too tight, won't go on 1941 Ford 9n on initial try

    I have had good luck aligning the key to pully, putting a slight tapper on the U slot on the pully and using a Harmonic balancer installer to press the pully on. Its a common process in my world other than normally I have a key to get it started in alignment and keep it aligned. I would have...
  10. Hobo,NC

    ford 2000 3cyl fuel starvation

    You are going to have to bite the bullet and go after those issues are they will keep on defeating you.
  11. Hobo,NC

    Ford 3000 Brake Failure

    Are you sure the bearing has not already bottomed out on the axle?. There will be quite a bit of clear area between the bearing and race that will come together once you install the assembly into the axle housing. I presume we are supposed to apply force to the inner race; YES While we are...
  12. Hobo,NC

    L4200 rear pto seal

    I need to replace the PTO seal. My question: do you remove the bolts on the rear PTO cover and just pull the shaft out the rear of the tractor. I am doing rear axle seals. I have drained the fluid. It's a 1996 L4200 GST.
  13. Hobo,NC

    Ford 3000 Brake Failure

    I would not get too greedy with the grease and use a good high temperature wheel bearing grease. More is not always better.
  14. Hobo,NC

    Ford 3000 Brake Failure

    Enjoy good brakes on your tractor, life will be good. I got to have one of those wrenches : ) This set up is about the same as on a 9n/2N owners are always saying the brakes are no good. Its because the hack it and don’t replace the outer seal. [h1]
  15. Hobo,NC

    Ford 3000 Brake Failure

    I’m not sure what you are trying to sale If you believe everything you have posted my recommendation would be to use the best wheel bearing grease money can buy. We wouldn’t want that cheap grease to cook up would we. One drop of grease will ruin the job, any seal that has been in service 30...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top