Recent content by Holmanc

  1. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    An update on the b... I checked the valve clearances this afternoon and found they were all very close to spec and I only had to adjust 2 of them, that very well could have been error on my part from last time I adjusted them to be honest, they were very close to the others. I also tried...
  2. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    That's on my radar for possible causes, I will give the valve clearances a check
  3. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    I did reset the clearances on the valve train after retorqueing the head but I'd like to check it again since I have probably 10 hours on it now. The previous owner put a new rebuilt magneto on just a couple months before I bought it from him, I'd like to think it's all in good working order still.
  4. H

    Kubota remote hydraulic hookups

    The kubota uses the standard pioneer connections. I know conversion couplers are available too though. My neighbor has an older john deer and has conversion couplers to go from the JD style to the pioneer and visa versa for his various implements
  5. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    Thanks, I will give that a try next time I have it out. The cables and connections are good, I do know that
  6. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    Thanks, I think that's where I will start. I haven't found that it burns any oil at all, before or after the top end rebuild so I guess it remains an old wives tail...
  7. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    I haven't done a compression test on it since I redid the head but in my opinion the cylinder walls looked like they were in excellent condition. Been meaning to do the test though just to see where I'm at now
  8. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    I have a 47 allis b I did a top end rebuild on over the winter, it had badly worn valves and seats. I cut new seats and replaced the valves, springs, keepers, etc. It starts up great when it is cold but once it has been running for a while it develops a miss that comes and goes and if I shut it...
  9. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    I have an update on the allis. It was warm and sunny today so I broke out the pressure washer and cleaned up all the baked on grease of the head and upon closer examination the center freeze plug had rusted through. Monday I am going to head into our local machine shop and get 3 new freeze...
  10. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    I will check the freeze plugs in the head. I was hoping to not have to go so far as to pull the valves and take the head to a machine shop but if the freeze plugs seem fine I think I will tear it down the rest of the way and take the head in and I'll probably get the valves reground while I'm at it
  11. H

    Allis Chalmers B

    I have a 47 allis b I purchased last fall with a woods under belly mower to make quicker work of our large lawn. I only put maybe 10 hours at most before winter but I noticed it would run fine for a while then it would start running irradically and would be down on power and would begin to...
  12. H

    Misfiring Massey

    That's a great trick! I love hearing those "shade tree" fixes that farmers came up with to fix a problem. Great ingenuity!
  13. H

    Misfiring Massey

    Thanks, the tractor doesn't burn any oil but low compression was a top guess of mine
  14. H

    Misfiring Massey

    Thanks, the tractor doesn't burn any oil but low compression was a top guess of mine
  15. H

    Misfiring Massey

    Thanks. I've thought about doing a compression test on it but I dont have the tool to do it. I guess this gives me a good excuse to finally invest in one
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top