Recent content by J.T. Blanton

  1. J

    September rainfall, such as it was.

    We are on the opposite end of the scale. It is pure mud here in north Missouri and we have only had a couple of times where we could work the ground. It rained four inches this past Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. My wife planted fall crops in the garden twice and each time they have drowned...
  2. J

    520 John Deere power steering

    Well, I talked to an old 2 banger mechanic. The poor fellow is legally blind and in his nineties. Still... mind is sharp as a tack. The John Deere dealership he worked in has been closed for several years. It was absorbed into one of those chains they went to. Steve says if the ventilator pump...
  3. J

    520 John Deere power steering

    Oh, I left out that this tractor is a 520 John Deere. Liked my first one so much, I picked up another.
  4. J

    520 John Deere power steering

    I am putting a 1957 John Deere tractor back together. The radiator was shot. I swapped cores, rebuilding the radiator. A lot of this tractor was in boxes... I got it cheap. I bought a service manual and it shows the washers under the fan support. My book shows eight in a pack. There is nowhere...
  5. J

    For sale 225 Ford Diesel Engine

    I have a Ford 225 Brougham diesel engine. These were in the Major diesel tractors and were also used a power units. It ran when parked but that has been years ago. It has been sitting in the dry. Had intentions of putting it in a Major but never got around to it. Retired now, sold my shop.
    $750.00
  6. J

    For sale 225 Ford Diesel Engine

    I have a Ford 225 Brougham diesel engine. These were in the Major diesel tractors and were also used a power units. It ran when parked but that has been years ago. It has been sitting in the dry. Had intentions of putting it in a Major but never got around to it. Retired now, sold my shop.
    $750.00
  7. J

    John Deere B clutch

    That may be a problem. I hear they main bearings are practically impossible to find.
  8. J

    John Deere B clutch

    I have to replace the clutch. I am going to replace the bearings and bushings while I am at it.
  9. J

    John Deere B clutch

    Thanks guys. I've worked on Johnnie poppers but its been a while and not one this old. I had a 630 and 530 and had to sell them in the farm crisis. I was in my early twenties when I started farming and double digit interest along with 30 cent cotton wiped me out. I have a 520 and this B now...
  10. J

    John Deere B clutch

    I'll check the ventilator pump. It doesn't use a lot of oil. I can work it hard all day and it will use about 1/5th of a quart.
  11. J

    John Deere B clutch

    I am working on a 1952 John Deere B, serial number 246,579. Oil is wetting the inner disc. When it is under load, oil vapor seeps out from between the clutch hub and the gear box housing. My parts book indicates that there is a dust shield and oil seal but it stops at serial number 200,999. Is...
  12. J

    Coil tine field cultivator for a CA Allis Chalmers

    What are you asking on the cultivator?
  13. J

    Coil tine field cultivator for a CA Allis Chalmers

    Thanks, I would buy a couple of them if you can spare them. Having an extra is not a bad idea. That little field cultivator really plows nice. I have several of these little CA's, all are 1952's. The first one has a wide front. It was my father-in-law's tractor. It needed work. I bought one for...
  14. J

    Coil tine field cultivator for a CA Allis Chalmers

    Yes, it is about 1 in. X 1 in. square (not exact measurements... guessing)
  15. J

    Told Dealer to Keep New Chev 5500!

    I wouldn't really sweat it. Economic conditions are worsening as the year elapses. I own a manufacturing business and we are still experiencing long lead times for parts and materials. Prices seem to escalate by the hour. Orders are down. Customers are ordering a fraction of the machinery they...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top