Recent content by jccndakota

  1. J

    1954 Model S ingnition coil mounting location and positi

    While replacing the generator belt on my 40 S, I realized that the ignition coil on my 40 S is mounted upside down. It's fastened to the fan mounting bracket above the generator. It's evidently been that way a long time. In my 8 years of ownership, I hadn't given any thought to it. I'll need a...
  2. J

    1954 Model 40S Tie rod tube clamps: where to buy?

    I need a pair of the single bolt clamps that tighten the threaded end of the tie rod assembly. The tubes are .875 (7/8") O.D. I don't see them on this parts listing or any other I have checked. Thanks, JC
  3. J

    John Deere model 40S clutch and pressure plate installat

    Thanks for the info. I had not heard of Lavoy. He has shipped the gauge to me. For anyone else, his company is JDcrawlers.com. He was very helpful also.
  4. J

    John Deere model 40S clutch and pressure plate installat

    Thanks for the help. I have ordered both manuals and should have them this week. I have not found a company that sells the JD-7 tool or a reproduction of it. Do you know of a source for the tool? Thanks, JC
  5. J

    John Deere model 40S clutch and pressure plate installat

    I split my Model 40S yesterday to install the new clutch and pressure plate I bought from Yesterday's tractor parts store. I haven't done this on a tractor, but it looks like similar parts to car and truck clutch parts I have installed in the last 50 years. Is there anything special that I need...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top