Recent content by JD70D

  1. J

    Detroit 4-53

    Yes, gets you higher compression, 21-1 vs 17-1. N injectors have abetter spray pattern.
  2. J

    OT Light fixtures?

    How many 8' 2 bulb florescent fixtures can I have on 1 circuit?
  3. J

    Anybody here going to the Mackinac Bridge crossing?

    I did the crossing last year, very well organised, good time. The truck show is the same weekend, consequently the Friday crossing. I think they have even more tractors signed up this year. Owosso Tractor Parts website has all the info.
  4. J

    PTO

    With a 88 diesel engine in a Super77, will the Super77 PTO need in modification before installation?
  5. J

    OT- hows the ford diesel pickups now?

    I have a 05 Duramax & 07 Duramax, mileage almost the same, 07 slightly better. 07 has much more power.
  6. J

    77 Clutch hosing-throw out bearing

    My 77 needs throw-out bearing, sleeve, & everything related. When reassembling, the manual says use Standard Oil Superla 2X. What is this & what should I use?
  7. J

    Oliver super 88 diesel or gas or JD G

    Diesel RPM's & pump can be turned up to get HP to 60 plus without spending a dime.
  8. J

    Brake Experts-HELP!

    Thanks for all the replies. I am going to start on the electrical end & see what I find. I don't like the wiring as cable ends in a junction box with wires wire nutted. I think I will change the box to one with studs & keep going from there tracing wires. Again, thanks.
  9. J

    Brake Experts-HELP!

    It is a factory installed plug & controller. I will recheck magnets & drum for smoothness. Brake pads maybe glazed, can I rough them up with sandpaper?
  10. J

    Brake Experts-HELP!

    4 yr lod gooseneck, adjusted brakes, cleaned magnets etc., brakes activate but do not hold. My pickup in drive will pull trailer at idle. Tried different tow vehicle, same results, so must be trailer related. Is it possible I am getting ground, but not enough ground to apply brakes fully? Is...
  11. J

    Trailer deck treatment?

    Go to a good paint store, tell them what you are using for. I painted 3 yrs ago & still like new. They also gave me some grit to put on the paint & then recoat. i don't remember price, but it wasn't expensive.
  12. J

    Any tricks to planting straight rows?

    Drive straight!
  13. J

    Specifications

    Thanks John. Forever helpful!!
  14. J

    Rebuild Kit for 1900A

    Available from any Detroit Diesel distributor or dealer. Four valve is better, N series injectors.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top