Recent content by JEFFinOH

  1. J

    JD 790 Finish/Grooming mowers

    Great stuff! I was dreamin" with the 72" huh. THANKS!
  2. J

    JD 790 Finish/Grooming mowers

    I am interested in purchasing a new tractor. My budget is $10000. I like the 790/3005/2wd (budget will not allow for 4wd). I will mow 12 acres/week. I will also use the tractor for personal snow removal. Blade-?60"/72"?. I'd like to know what brands/size finish mowers everyone else is using...
  3. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    WOW 20,000hrs. I guess I never realized there was so many lp tractors out there. Where I am has been so devastated by development all the real farmers have moved west, so its just me on 100 acres surrounded wanna-be rednecks wearing JD hats and driving hondas not lp tractors. (Medina, Ohio was...
  4. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    I gave up on it. I settled down assessed the situation and realized that I don"t need ANOTHER project. Thanks
  5. J

    MF 135 $1000

    Thanks Larry. I found them shortly after I spent a half-hour posting a sale ad in the discussion forums and apologizing because I kinda knew I was in the wrong place.
  6. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    Secret, more like conspiracy. As I am sure you know there is little to be found about this model anywhere. I am very grateful to everyone who chimed in here. I can't imagine the money this website must save people with all this great info and advice. You can't put a price tag on on the knowledge...
  7. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    That's a good looking tractor, every penny you spent looks justified to me. Don't take this the wrong way, but you just told me what I needed to hear. I don't think I can justify purchasing this as a working tractor and not expect to spent a couple grand+ and put a few++++ hours into it right...
  8. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    Great stuff, thanks. Which is cheaper to run propane or diesel. Any lubricity issues with propane, I have 00 experience with these. What I mean is, do the propanes have any less life expectancy? I am equating this to diesel vs. propane generators.
  9. J

    MF 135 $1000

    If you will allow me to use some highly technical terms, the "thingies" that hold the crank in place were installed in the wrong order and caused damage to the block my neighbor/mechanic said a new short block would be the only option(cost=benefit=labor). He put it back together and I drove it...
  10. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    Thanks to you guys, my notebook is getting full. I never dreamed, after 20 fruitless google searches yesterday, I would have this much info in a today. I know the internet can't fulfill all my questions but I now know about a 1000% more than I did yesterday. Oh yea, why the hell is a clutch for...
  11. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    Try a battery maintainer. They have them at Destroy-America-Mart, oops I mean Wal-Mart, for $20. It is like a charger but "floats" when fully charged, the one I have on my 8n has a permanent mount on the battery terminals with an in-line quick- disconnect. I recommend this to anyone with a...
  12. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    Yeah I"ve noticed the price difference in parts than from my 8n WOW. And the the 8n has its own isle at TSC, parts on Sunday anyone? The low hp v. weight isn"t a real big concern I just need an ugly very reliable middle-weight for light logging back blading and brush hogging the 8n is tired and...
  13. J

    MF 135 $1000

    If selling stuff here is not encouraged I apologize but I just stumbled on this site researching a tractor.___ 1972 Perkins gas. Runs, but needs new short block, it was rebuilt improperly. This tractor has been sitting for 2 years but was my pride and joy not long ago. I can't save it but a...
  14. J

    JD 3010 A new classic?

    If anyone out there has experience with a JD3010 please help. I have been searching for about a year for a new-old tractor. BUDGET=$5000. That said, I think I found it. The JD3010. I happened to be on a little township road about a mile from home and there she sits. COST=$2200(I'll offer...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top